Hacking Is the DSTT worth owning?

Diosoth

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I signed up for Gaming Lagoon, and see that one of their cheaper prizes(less than 7 points) is a DSTT. I have an Acekard, but I'm wondering if I should get this once I have the points? Just as a backup card should my Acekard die or something. Is the game support about equal?

They have an R4 for 10 points, but given how long it's been discontinued, I'd be dumb to get one.

PettingZoo

yesss
Trophies
Website
iancoulton.com
XP
Country
DSTT > R4 clones, DSTT is quite a good card
smileipb2.png

Bri

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
The Acekard is a lot better than a DSTT, but the DSTT might not be bad for a backup cart if it's free. Just keep in mind that there have been a lot of hardware problems with real DSTT's as of late, not to mention all the clones out there, fake-killer firmware, etc.

-Bri

Diosoth

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
haringtonl said:
You're getting too worried. Buy it when your acekard dies, don't waste your money and buy it before anything happens.

It's Gaming Lagoon, I wouldn't actaully be spending money on the thing...

I already have 3 points from my first completed offer. And they have Kingston MicroSD cards available as prizes, too.

DSAndi

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Well i still own a DSTT aside to some other cards. The DSTT was for me always the lowest end card with to simple and bad gui but ok build quality ( not good but ok ).
I used to resell em but within 1 year the build quality became kinda cheaper like the price.
In the end i had a few genuine faluty ones that did work 1st then died after a short time ( card not found by the DS ).
I dont buy em anymore with all thouse fakes and problems even with genuine ones its not worth the trouble.
I would say get an Edge or acekard2.1 as backup. If you can get the DSTT free ok why not its good enought then.

genericaccount20

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think it is a great backup. Personally, I don't care about the gui. I prefer the simple YSmenu, like the old R4 menu. When you have an 8gb card with over 200 games on it, it is a pain to scroll through those fancy Gui's. I like the simple list and folder support. You have a nice bitmap and a file list. Honestly, how much time do you spend looking at the gui... or do you spend time playing the games.

In regards to the Acekard, they have a very fancy GUI, but they have problems with wifi on some games and saving files. It can play Star Wars Clone Wars unlike the DSTT. The DSTT works and with the exception of like 2 games out there, works well. For $7, you can't complain much. It works.

DSAndi

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
200 Games and using the offical Gui must be a pain to scroll through.
I dont need fancy guis myself too if u want a good card with simple gui get an edge not a DSTT because the DSTT might break fast too.

b3nj4m1n

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i'd have to say no. build quality is horrible, bought one for the gf, didn't work sent it back got 2 more, one for her and one for friend, had to stick pieces of paper in both to get them to work, gf's ended up not working after a couple weeks and ended up ordering different cards for both of them

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/K-Gqyv0gkHc?si=nGlIcg7Lr7OPfc4a