Hacking Is the DS scene dead? (Or dying?)

Raqib

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
Back in October of 2010, I sold my DSi to help my friend pay for rent.

A month ago, that same friend bought me a 3DS as a thanks for helping her before.

So, I bought the CycloDS and I was pretty excited to get my game-face back on.

But then I discovered the CycloDS was barely getting any support.

Then I went to go update my cheat database, only to discover the cheats haven't been updated in five months.

Did I come back into the DS scene at the wrong time?

em jay

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
The 3DS you got is a brand new generation of console, so yes, the DS scene is on the wane, but you are future proof for the new (current) gen.

Smash Br0

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Rydian said:
Cheat databases have been updated, but the one here is not the latest, the people maintaining an automatic one moved elsewhere.

Where's the best place to find the most current cheat database now, then? Thanks for any info.
smile.gif

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
Smash Br0 said:
Where's the best place to find the most current cheat database now, then? Thanks for any info.
smile.gif

Join the CMP forums. Elixr updates the NDS database for them now, not gbatemp.

http://www.codemasters-project.net/

@Raqib: we might get get another good year of ds-mode software. we should get a few more years of good homebrew. after that you won't see very much. there is still virtual boy homebrew but its few and far between. my point being that people will always want to make homebrew for old systems but you can't expect the golden age of homebrew and rom releases like we had.

there was a time i was posting 2 hours a night. there was enough homebrew news to fill the entire front page. now i'm lucky if there are 2 things a week (when there isn't a coding compo going on).

its sad but this is what happens with homebrew on every system. people move on.

i don't know what the hell is up with cyclops. it seems they have all but stopped supporting their flash kits. the ievo was a mess and i don't expect them to iron out the bugs. there are rumors of a huge kernel update by the end of september. i am giving them until october 1st to release it, after that i'm updating the ievo review with the facts =/.

-another world

Nathanaël

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Nauru
Another World said:
the ievo was a mess and i don't expect them to iron out the bugs. there are rumors of a huge kernel update by the end of september. i am giving them until october 1st to release it, after that i'm updating the ievo review with the facts =/

toot.gif

If possible, I'd be interested in something like an "honour code" for flashcard reviews. My intention is not to critizise any flashcard reviews made in the past, but we got in serious truble with that stuff. And with the new security systems introduced with DSi / 3DS the situation gets worse and worse now.

Some teams made a lot of cash with some cards they threw out, that didn't work well and that they stopped to support after a few months or even weeks (M3i Zero, Cyclops iEvolution, Cyclops iEdge). Actually this cards performed much worse than just "not well", even the games that are fixed don't work really good on these expensive cards.

We always have to keep in mind that we can not trust any flashcard manufacturer. This are not our friends. They use the scene to make millions, and then they leave.

Now we have a situation where we can only say: Buy a cheap card that runs well, and after one or two years you should trow it away and buy a new one.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: 10 tabs open on chrome and no slow downs suck it low ram ple bs lol