Is the Darksiders franchise going to Platinum Games!?

Discussion in 'User Submitted News' started by B.alpha, Jan 24, 2013.

1. B.alpha
    OP

B.alpha Advanced Member

Newcomer
    May 22, 2008
    Gambia, The
    Since I'm not fluent enough in english I will leave it as it, I think that may interest the one or the other

Source:
    http://www.polygon.com/2013/1/23/39...sses-interest-in-buying-darksiders-on-twitter
    https://twitter.com/PG_inaba/status/294234427452694528

Qtis likes this.
  2. Qtis

Qtis Grey Knight Inquisitor

Feb 28, 2010
    The Forge
    Better happen. Darksiders is an excellent franchise and the games are some of the best button mashing RPG games in a pretty good open world. Hopefully they can continue the development in Platinum Games or another company.

3. Elrinth

Elrinth :Master beyond your imagination:

Nov 6, 2002
    Yeah Darksiders are one of the best 2d platformers games ever.:creep:

Side note: If they get it, wonder if there'll be a Bayonetta + Darksiders game :)

4. Jamstruth

Jamstruth Secondary Feline Anthropomorph

Apr 23, 2009
    North East Scotland
    Umm... we talking about the same Darksiders here? Y'know the Zelda-style game in a full 3D environment where platforming is required but not its main selling point?

I hope Darksiders goes to a decent publisher/developer team who will finish off the series rather than just sitting on the IP.

5. Elrinth

Elrinth :Master beyond your imagination:

Nov 6, 2002
    I was just kidding ;) I bought Darksiders 2 for Wii U on the online store, and boy did it take long to grab it :D 10 gigs of my 32gigs used up already :)
    Haven't played much, but I can say one thing. There drops waaaay too many items in the game :D Looking forward to playing more of it now that I finally finished Skyward Sword tho.

Only played the 1st alittle on my PS3. Guess I got bored or something.

Also just as you, I hope the buyers of the Intellectual Property actually continue making Darksiders games.

6. KingVamp

KingVamp Great... AETHER!

Sep 13, 2009
    United States
    I think Platinum Games would be able to use this IP well. I hope it happens.

7. Qtis

Qtis Grey Knight Inquisitor

Feb 28, 2010
    The Forge
    The second game is way better than the first one mainly due to optimization of the gameplay elements. While the story of the first one is good and in a way continued in the second game, the second game is a good stand alone game by itself.

ps. Just get a possessed weapon and eat the rest of the junk you find. Frees up inventory pretty fast and generates them moneyz :D

8. SpaceJump

SpaceJump Where's my new 2D-Metroid?

Aug 18, 2005
    Gambia, The
    Zebes
    Just wow. Everything sold except Vigil and their Darksiders IP. What the hell is wrong with this world?

9. Gahars

Gahars Bakayaro Banzai

Aug 5, 2011
    United States
    New Jersey
    Really, it kind of sucks that Vigil got abandoned during the sale. I think the franchise is kind of dumb ("Hey, what if we took the Bible, cranked up the grimdark, and turned War/Death into Broody McAngstypants? Ninth graders everywhere will go crazy for that!"), but they deserved better than that.

Anyway, PG is a fine developer, but I think they would be better off spending their time on something else. Anything else, really.

10. shakirmoledina

shakirmoledina Legend

Oct 23, 2004
    Tanzania
    Dar es Salaam
    "if it's too good to maintain, give it valve"... I say

11. Guild McCommunist

Guild McCommunist (not on boat)

May 6, 2009
    United States
    The Danger Zone
  12. Gahars