Hacking Is the "cracked hinge" problem fixed?

Melchizedek

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
My white DS Lite has a cracked hinge. I'll get it changed, but I was wondering if it would be better to pick one of the "new" DS Lites instead... Is the problem fixed?

pte

Trophies
XP
Country
I bet they at least try to get rid of problems with the latest Lite waves. I've got a black one and it doesn't look as "iPodish" as the white one. Neither it has the hinge problem but these Scandinavian models might be from a newer production line anyway so the problem was fixed already with tightening the screws too much.

XmemphistoX

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I'd be curious to know whether the US onyx ones have yellow touch screens.

Mine does
frown.gif
The blacks seem to all carry that yellow screen. My case isnt cracking at all though.

martin88

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
That's bad news. Can anyone else confirm that all north american black ds lite have yellow touch screen?

I plan on purchasing a black ds lite this weekend. But if this is true, I think I will go with navy blue then.

Shinji

҉҉ ҉҉
Trophies
Website
www.google.com
XP
Country
United States
I deny it. I have checked two US blacks, they have the grid touch screen. Same with pink. on all 4 that i looked at (2 black, 1 pink, 1 white that was shipped shortly after the onyx/pink release) No yellow screens, but the white was neither yellow nor grid.

PS, be diffeent and go with Ice Blue
wink.gif

martin88

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
What do you mean by 'grid' touch screen? Is it a bad thing?

As for the Ice Blue color, I don't think it's available in Canada.

apostle418

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just got a black ds lite, traded in my white one with 3 games and I didn't hve to pay anything at EB. Anyways, the screens are not yellow at all on mine. Just wanted to report that.

gryto

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
New Zealand
No, grid touch screen is good. Basically grid is clearer and has a softer feel than grainy.
Some people equate the grainy with a yellow tint, but that's not true.

martin88

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I heard that black ds lites attract more fingerprints, and that navy blue attracts least fingerprints. Is this true, is it a big issue?

If not I will go ahead and purchase a ds lite black. Thanks.

Deadmon

A Temper
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
You leave fingerprints on whatever you touch.
tongue.gif

But, I recently got my White DS Lite replaced, (2 weeks ago), and to my dismay...it cracked.

I'm was planning to send it in anyway, it had 2 dead pixels.

EDIT: Oops, didn't see that the topic was about the new colours. But just reporting the white ones probably still can crack.

NotAgOat

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Its not that "white" ones crack, but a few defective ones did, it does not apply to all of them.

I had to replace my white DS with a new one when they first came out because of a broken mic. One thing I noticed different is they added rubber stopper pads on the top screen so it close's quieter and probably softens the close when its snapped shut.

mackster

Trophies
XP
Country
well i got the AUS DS lite white and iv had it for around 2months well 1 month ish and im now starting to see the cracked hinges and a crack near the right back button WOOT !!!! go nintondo

skywarp

Trophies
XP
Country
Trinidad and Tobago
I bought a new white DS Lite about two weaks ago, and the screens are very clear, no yellow tint or dead pixels.

mackster

Trophies
XP
Country
sorry guys if this is off topic but as i just posted before i have a AUS DS lite and they cracks are starting to show ( cracked hinge and @ the back R button ) they are now still just little cracks but when they get bigger im going to try get a refund for a black one you think they would let me??

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Lulz @Veho