Hacking Is the blue GW card just a sh**ty DS Flashcart?

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the blue card is just an ace3ds plus clone running some hacked up version of wood r4
its a junk card but it works for the basics

Reactions: Margen67

zoogie

playing around in the end of life
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Micronesia, Federated States of
Compared with the well-loved and legendary acekard 2i, blue has better build quality (screw that paper trick nonsense) and works on dsi 1.4.5 and 3ds <=6.1. (ak2i dead at dsi 1.4.5 and 3ds 4.4)

So its better than ak2i, but worse than the r4igold.cn that works on all 3ds firmwares. Not bad for a pack-in freebie.

sj33

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
It's not the physical build quality that's the problem. In many cases (such as mine) the card just stops being detected by the console. By blue card is no longer detected by either my 3DS or DSi XL whereas my DSTwo works fine.

Loke

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Mine still works and sometimes I use it to play DS games like gta or rune factory 3. I'll probably get a better ds flashcard when it breaks, since there are a lot of ds games i like. Or just a DSTwo+ if it's as good as they advertized it.

Prior22

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does anyone believe a future gateway update will allow the red card to play both 3DS and DS roms? Or is this not a realistic possibility?

BRadGaming

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
You use the blue card after downgrading. It allows you to install the DS Profile Exploit which is a much better way to launch gateway mode than the browser exploit.

You can also use it to play DS roms or GBA roms with MultiKernel.

Do you need to still always use the blue card during gateway bootups, or is it only used for the initial setup with Ultra? My gateway is on the way and I plan to downgrade to 4.x.

Loke

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Do you need to still always use the blue card during gateway bootups, or is it only used for the initial setup with Ultra? My gateway is on the way and I plan to downgrade to 4.x.

You just need to install the exploit once. When you play a ds game with the blue card (or other flashcard), The ds exploit is reset and has to be installed again. With 3ds games (red card) the exploit doesn't need to be reinstalled.

Reactions: BRadGaming

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
i dont see why people are so surprised to find that the blue card is a "shitty" nds flashcard.....its only included as a means to an end, which is to install the exploit profile, they never said "wow amazing NDS flashcard too"....it was a cheap crappy basic card that worked on 4.x, that's all they needed so that's all that was included, as i said before other cards included 7.x-9.x compatible cards as they wanted to tout misleading compatibility versions for their cards to mislead people, if you know most people are on 7.x or whatever isn't it nice to say "works on 7.x*", then hidden lower on the page in small print say (*only the NDS card works upto 7.x)

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
https://gbatemp.net/threads/release-use-blocked-ds-flashcards-on-3ds-probably-n3ds-too.376719/

The CIA provided in that thread does enable the use of the Blue Card on systems up to 9.2 FW.
I got mine working that way, I even installed the CIA on my SysNAND and nothing bad happened.

Still enjoying the fuck out of it.
well tbh installing that cia file enables the blue card (and many other blocked flashcards) to work pretty much indefinitely, when i was originally testing it before the ultra release, i installed it on 4.x then updated to 9.4 and it still worked....but really its main use is allowing 6.x-9.2 gateway users to use the blue card without downgrading....but pretty much all gateway users can use the blue card unless its faulty, its a pretty decent cheapo NDS card, nothing special, but does the job

apoptygma

Trophies
XP
Country
the blue card is just an ace3ds plus clone running some hacked up version of wood r4
its a junk card but it works for the basics
This is correct - Ace3ds plus clone. The build quality on mine is really great, better than the red card (the SD slot placement on the red card is silly as the label sits badly) and it always disappointed me they used the nice dark grey plastic on the blue card and white on the red card. It's just a shame it won't accept and update .

red9350

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
The build quality of both cards is horrible (cheap plastic) but i don't mid it. Once you install the Multikernel on the blue card and flashcardtimewarp.cia on the sysnand you are set, perfect r4 + snes/gb/gba/neogeo etc emulation + ds cheats (via usrcheat.dat)

2DSGamerKid

Trophies
XP
Country
Can anyone verify that it's actually possible to run GBA games from the blue card using the gbaemu4ds program, I get Guru Meditation on all games I try.

I'm on a 2DS with 9.2.0-20

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: