Is the Acekard the best Slot1 card?

Discussion in 'Acekard' started by Jp393, Mar 16, 2009.

Mar 16, 2009
  1. Jp393
    OP

Newcomer Jp393 Member

Canada
    I currently have a cyclo which i think is great, problem is Im not up for spending another $60 on one at the moment.
    I heard the Acekard2 and Acekard2i are really good cards. I was hoping to order one for my second ds soon and was wondering which card is the best. I'm only really familiar with the Cyclo since it's the only card i have. So basically, out of all the cards out right now, which is potentially the best??

2. face56

Newcomer face56 Member

United States
    Acekard + AKAIO = Greatness

3. Another World

Former Staff Another World Emulate the Planet!

Colombia
    use the search button. i'm so sick of reading this thread. seriously. every day someone asks this. do the research. use google, use the search button, use the wikis.

or just buy the thing and regret it later, its only 12 bucks.

-another world

4. geek_power

Newcomer geek_power Advanced Member

Canada
    That's what I did to find the perfect flash cart: try and error! They are so cheap!

5. CoconutCake

Member CoconutCake GBAtemp Regular

United States
    AK2, IMO, is definitely the best flash card for the money.

With the latest AKAIO it's basically perfect.

Every game works. And the user interface is just beautiful and customizable. Get the Class 6 Transcend 8GB SDHC from Newegg for ~$15 and you'll get perfect speeds on everything, and tons of storage.

The only big extra Cyclo gets you is RTS (but does that work reliably for all games?). Not an important feature IMO, and one I wouldn't even use. Not worth the extra $50 over the AK2.

6. UltraMagnus

Member UltraMagnus hic sunt dracones

United Kingdom
    personally, I consider the acekard2, SCDS1, and EDGE more or less equal.

7. Rosco71

Newcomer Rosco71 Newbie

Canada
    IMHO, I'd rather have people ask questions and then helpful members can answer them or point them in the right direction instead of bashing and slamming them. If you don't have anything helpful or constructive to say, don't say it.

By the way, I'm very happy with the Acekard 2, especially after being the first to have a firmware release for GTA CW.

8. Another World

Former Staff Another World Emulate the Planet!

Colombia
    this questions is asked much to often, more than a few times a week. what is more constructive is not asking it and instead using google, the search button, and reading the wikis! please go through the acekard sub forum and find the more than 500 posts where i have done nothing but help people. then read the wiki which i wrote close to half of. check the download center for the acekard firmwares i uploaded and organized after i got the “acekard” section added. then come to #acekard (the chan i started) and talk about akaio and the acekards. all i do is help, but limits are reached when people can't start to help themselves.

-another world

9. robochrono09

Banned robochrono09 Banned

United States
    I think the card is great but what makes it awesome is AKAIO