Is the Acekard 2i the best for a DS Lite?

Discussion in 'Acekard' started by SoftKitty, Oct 7, 2011.

Oct 7, 2011
  1. SoftKitty
    OP

Newcomer SoftKitty Member

United States
    Okay so I want ONE cart permanently, I have an r4i-yes and have enough cash to upgrade to an Acekard 2i. But before I spend the money I just wanna know that whether the kart is really worth it. I mean I want to be able to play the patched ROM's as soon as they hit the internet or within hours of it at least. Can someone tell me whether the Acekard 2i is a long term solution? I am tired of jumping from R4 clone to R4 clone ... I want a solid and future proof kart for sure.

Like right now most R4 clones don't have the firmware to support to Kirby mass attack when I am dying to play it, and I know this will happen with the new Layton game coming later this month. So what do you guys say?

2. s4mid4re

Member s4mid4re  

United States
    acekard 2i (with AKAIO support), r4i gold 3ds from r4ids.cn (with wood support), or the SuperCard DSTwo are probably the best carts out there with great compatibility.

All three of them update around once a month to boost compatibility to newer games, so you won't need to patch them oftenly. acekard 2i is affordable and has great compatibility, but if you're willing to pay about 20~40 more bucks (depending on your retailer), you can get a SuperCard DSTwo with more functions (gba emu, mediaplayer, Real Time Save/Guide, etc).

3. SoftKitty
    OP

United States

I appreciate that but my DS lite is STRICTLY for gaming and NOTHING else. I am talking in terms of long term, lets suppose Game A just got a patched ROM how soon does Acekard 2i normally or average take to release a firmware for the game to work on it? I want the fastest one possible

4. s4mid4re

Member s4mid4re  

United States
    When the cart updates depends on how much time it takes to fix the AP and when the AKAIO team (ak2i's unofficial team currently working 'officially' on the AP fixes for the acekard team) feels like they should release the update. The updates usually come around once a month, but might come earlier/later depending on how many games were released.

5. SoftKitty
    OP

United States
    of all the karts you suggested me which is the MOST suitable? for long term and gaming only. No Emulation, Homebrew apps or ANYTHING. Should I still stick with Acekard or should I try my luck with one of the R4 you recommended? if the R4 which is the best one?

6. chaosdarkneo

Member chaosdarkneo GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    The R4i Gold 3DS from r4ids.com (SPECIFICALLY THE ONE HE SAID, CLONED R4 GOLDS ARE SHIT AND WILL NOT DO ANYTHING GOOD FOR YOU) is the best one for you in this case.

Wood R4 is a great firmware, lots of good updates, great AP fixes, and has the same menu as the Acekard. Only problem is that the R4i Gold 3DS was a clone formerly, but it is now a full-fledged cart in our eyes.

7. WatchGintama

Member WatchGintama GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    Just get the Acekard 2i. It has great compatibility with games on the latest AKAIO and loaders. Kirby Mass Attack works, too.
    Get the 2i instead of 2; for only a dollar more and you get DSi/3DS compatibility.

Mine is still going since 07

8. NES SNES V.B. N64 G.C. Wii WiiU

Member NES SNES V.B. N64 G.C. Wii WiiU Now with extra redundancy!

Australia
    Acekard is probably the best for that money, the SuperCardv DSTWO is better. If you really want to save money, then get an original R4, they're like 2 bucks and they can run wood.

9. Devante

Member Devante Crescent fresh at best.

United States
    Seems to me like Acekard is the only one that actually has a group of tempers actively working on it all of the time.

10. SoftKitty
    OP

United States
    So its unanimous that the Acekard is the best? I am tired of R4 overall and just want a FINAL long term solution, Even though the Acekard is costing me what I paid for over 3 R4's for my self mostly I am sure it will be well worth it considering the feedback I am getting now.

11. rockstar99

Member rockstar99 Hi

Canada
    Yeah it is nice menu, frequent updates, cheap.

12. Alex Salto

Newcomer Alex Salto Member

United States
    Yeah, just get a Acekard 2i. a very easy but featured card for your DSL

13. rody2k6

Member rody2k6 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I have bought 2 AK2i in a time span of 2 years, and both still work (one is on my sister´s XL and mine is on my DS Lite)

I have never had any problems with it, AK 2i is my favorite flash cart at the moment.

14. Plasma Shadow

Member Plasma Shadow GBAtemp's Artificial Lifeform

United Kingdom
    I bought one and its amazing (even though its a clone :/..but it works nevertheless) So get an AK2i

15. coolness

Banned coolness PSN: Dutch_DarkLord

Netherlands
    the Acekard 2i is the best flashcard in the Universe ( thanks to akaio )