Hacking Is the a way to erase cfw?

duboisbrian

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
i have luma 3ds installed 11.3

just curious is there a way to erase all the cfw hacks and go back to full stock firmware ?

Xiphiidae

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Uninstalling A9LH can sometimes be more trouble than it's worth. Why is it that you want to go back to OFW? Even with A9LH + Luma you can still use your console as if it were stock.

Last edited by Xiphiidae,

duboisbrian

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
is there a thread tutorial ?

i dont want to but if i ever had to send back to nintendo or whatever .... just curious

Xiphiidae

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
is there a thread tutorial ?

i dont want to but if i ever had to send back to nintendo or whatever .... just curious
All you have to do is go into Decrypt9, and restore your NAND backup that you made before you installed A9LH. Make sure you select the restore option that doesn't have (keep A9LH).

GravitySuitCollector

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
https://gbatemp.net/threads/release-kecleon-patch-for-luma3ds.455090/

I'm not sure if Nintendo would notice or not, but I think this + clean SD + maybe Cthulu (to delete activity log) would be what I do for a trip to Ninty (I think it would be fine...). Also a ticket backup+cleanup. Probably would be best on latest firmware, also. I really don't see a reason to ever go back to stock FW.

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
https://gbatemp.net/threads/release-kecleon-patch-for-luma3ds.455090/

I'm not sure if Nintendo would notice or not, but I think this + clean SD + maybe Cthulu (to delete activity log) would be what I do for a trip to Ninty (I think it would be fine...). Also a ticket backup+cleanup. Probably would be best on latest firmware, also. I really don't see a reason to ever go back to stock FW.
Nintendo does a rather deep search.

To the OP. During the A9LH install, you should have made a NAND backup. If you saved that, you can use decrypt9 to flash it your 3DS and return it to stock.

RealityNinja

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Last edited by RealityNinja,

GravitySuitCollector

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nintendo does a rather deep search.

To the OP. During the A9LH install, you should have made a NAND backup. If you saved that, you can use decrypt9 to flash it your 3DS and return it to stock.
Thanks for the info. I'll keep that in mind if I ever need to send a 3ds in (I doubt I will, though; I'm currently using an o3ds, and I imagine repair costs wouldn't be worth it :x).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Those IHOP chips are actually pretty damn good