Hardware Is the 8bitdo adapter compatibile with the Wii (Nintendont)

JamesDaSpaghettiTaco

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
I specifically want to use the Switch Pro Controller to GC games on it, does anyone know if it's compatible or not? If its with ps4 it should probably be with nintendont too

JaapDaniels

Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
Should be compitable in linux mode without the dongle, since wii already has bluetooth support, i have the sn30 and the sn30 pro tested from 8bitdo, they work.

JaapDaniels

Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
What do you mean linux mode, and Ig considering that both of these controllers the dongle should work just fine
The controllers can be synced in multiple modes with different devices.
the dongle is needed for some devices for not having compatible or unlocked bluetooth device.
the wii works just out of the box as long as the homebrew is enabling custom bluetooth devices. nintendont works for with a few of these out of the box.
whoops, thought you wanna use 8bitdo controllers with the dongle, now i see you'd wanna use a nintendo pro controller, i'm sorry to say but it's the driver that keeps you from using it, a dongle of 8bitdo will not help much since it's only designed to sync with 8bitdo devices (and some other devices might work by accident, but doubt nintendo pro is in luck).

Last edited by JaapDaniels,

JamesDaSpaghettiTaco

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
the dongle is needed for some devices for not having compatible or unlocked bluetooth device.
the wii works just out of the box as long as the homebrew is enabling custom bluetooth devices. nintendont works for with a few of these out of the box.
whoops, thought you wanna use 8bitdo controllers with the dongle, now i see you'd wanna use a nintendo pro controller, i'm sorry to say but it's the driver that keeps you from using it, a dongle of 8bitdo will not help much since it's only designed to sync with 8bitdo devices (and some other devices might work by accident, but doubt nintendo pro is in luck).
oh boy, sorry but I don't understand anything at all, all I asked was if the dongle works, It's nice that you provided other ways to connect a pro controller to a wii but I was specifically asking for the dongle, sorry if im coming off as rude but i wanted to mention that.
EDIT: oh just saw your edit sorry about that

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

hmm... is the dongle able to connect controllers to a ps4, if it does it will probably work on nintendont too

Last edited by JamesDaSpaghettiTaco,

JaapDaniels

Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
oh boy, sorry but I don't understand anything at all, all I asked was if the dongle works, It's nice that you provided other ways to connect a pro controller to a wii but I was specifically asking for the dongle, sorry if im coming off as rude but i wanted to mention that.
the dongle should work but has little to none advantage to the wii it allows you to use bluetooth connections already built in on a wii.
and is disigned only to connect 8bitdo controllers, it sometimes works for other bluetooth devices, but i doubt it'll solve your problem.

JamesDaSpaghettiTaco

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
the dongle should work but has little to none advantage to the wii it allows you to use bluetooth connections already built in on a wii.
and is disigned only to connect 8bitdo controllers, it sometimes works for other bluetooth devices, but i doubt it'll solve your problem.
Alright thank you for help, are there any other dongles that could connect a pro controller to a wii?

tmnr1992

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, the 8bitdo adapter is compatible with the Switch pro controller, so it should work. If it doesn't then you will need a Mayflash adapter and a Brook adapter as seen in this video:

JamesDaSpaghettiTaco

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Well, the 8bitdo adapter is compatible with the Switch pro controller, so it should work. If it doesn't then you will need a Mayflash adapter and a Brook adapter as seen in this video:

alright thank you, I would really apprieciate it if someone who has both a wii and a 8bitduo dongle to test it for me.

JamesDaSpaghettiTaco

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Ok everyone I did some research and asked at a few other places and the answer is no, you will need an Xbox 360 to Ps4 dongle and the 8bitdo to make it work,I won't go into that much trouble just to play games with a switch pro controller,I'd recommend you just use a Ps4 controller or get a Classic Controller Pro (and do not worry that aftermarket one is actually pretty good)

willkuat

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
campeonatokuat.blogspot.com.br
XP
Country
Brazil
Hi!
I bought an 8bitdo adapter for wii-nintendo classic minis, to use my m30 from 8bitdo on it.. It even worked, but only in wii games, homebrew and emulators (mainly gx plus, which is why I bought it) it doesn't work. Does anyone know anything about? I thought about buying a nes/snes adapter and an 8bitdo bluetooth adapter with snes input, a friend tested it and it worked, but then I'll spend more money... lol

Moonfall

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Vietnam
Sorry to bump it up.
So, are there any one try to play the Nintendont with 8bitdo adapter. I want to buy one if it's success.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Black_Manta_8bit @ Black_Manta_8bit: hey