is the 4.0 firmware ever going to be hacked

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by fst312, Apr 18, 2009.

Apr 18, 2009
  1. fst312
    OP

Member fst312 GBAtemp Fan

United States
    yes its hacked in a way already but is the real 4.0 ever going to be hacked the nintendo one.i know from day one it was said there is no way around it but is this really true.i have the hacked version of it already .so does anybody know if coders are working on this.i know what some of you might say you need a cios installed and a homebrew channel before updating.i'm no coder but i have to believe there is a way.

i'm only asking because i might need to help someone hack their wii and i'm not sure as of now if their is 4.0 at this moment.

all i know is most known coders i think are probably focused on the DSi homebrew channel.

http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=147684

2. jan777

Member jan777 motion control..? srsly? so 2008. 3DS is teh bombz

Philippines
    define hacked

3. GolemdX

Newcomer GolemdX Member

Canada
    Are you talking about an exploit, like the Twilight Hack? Well, that's not really hacking the System Menu, but another exploit might be found. Only if they aren't cautious with their games. Twilight Princess was released in 2006, now, they're going to be a lot more cautious.

4. fst312
    OP

United States
    yeah that is what i'm talking about an exploit.somehow i think it will never happen.if there ends up being one it might be the same one zelda had that was used to make the homebrew channel so i guess it would end up being useless.

also i found out i'm unable to do anything to the wii i was going to help hack it ended up being a 4.0.

5. Ethanx94

Member Ethanx94 GBAtemp Regular

United States
  6. fst312
    OP

United States
    from what i'm seeing the wii may get another way to get the homebrew channel.problem about this video is although the homebrew channel got installed from the sd section of the wii it wasn't a 4.0 wii but maybe on the 4.0 menu in the new sd menu this will work.