is the 250gb USB stick absolute minimum for PS4?

Discussion in 'PS4 - Console, Accessories and Hardware' started by blueagent1999, Jan 9, 2019.

1. blueagent1999
    OP

blueagent1999 GBAtemp Regular

Mar 9, 2017
    Hong Kong
    so even with the latest update, the ps4 will absolutely not allow installation of PSN purchased games to any kind of usb storage that is below 250gb, is this correct?

thanks for letting me know!

2. KiiWii

KiiWii Contributor

pip Contributor
    Nov 17, 2008
    United Kingdom
    Hmm shouldn’t be, I can only speak for 5.05 and below.

You should be able to use any thing at all that’s USB and fat32/exfat formatted (at least for media files and apptousb).

Perhaps it’s a constraint of extended storage..it’s on Sony’s official documents, but it doesn’t sound good.

Edit: only reason I can think of is it’s a minimum recommendation. Perhaps give a smaller storage device a try and see if it works?

Esit2: scratch that https://www.playstation.com/en-gb/g...are/storage---data/ps4--external-hdd-support/

If it doesn’t conform you get error code for not being usb 3, and error for not being 250gb.

Last edited by KiiWii, Jan 9, 2019
  3. blueagent1999
    OP

blueagent1999 GBAtemp Regular

Mar 9, 2017
    Hong Kong
    ah i see, i thought with the newer updates, smaller sized usb sticks would be allowed, but it seems that's not the case after all. (i was planning on buying a 64gb stick but i thought i'd ask first)

thanks for looking into this for me!

KiiWii likes this.