Is TeckNet Dual-Port iEP380 compatible with 3DS?

Discussion in '3DS - Console, Accessories and Hardware' started by LAA, Apr 9, 2011.

Apr 9, 2011
  1. LAA
    OP

Member LAA GBAtemp Fan

United Kingdom
    Hi, I've been looking for quite a few 3DS battery solutions for the 3DS... The powerpak+ seemed good at first, but I really like the back of the 3DS already, so I've started to not want it as much. Then, when I seen the wrist power charger, I though it was a good idea, but, for starters, wearing it as a wrist would probably annoy me after a while and its like too much work to just make the 3DS last longer.
    I then bought a 2000mAH battery which just replaces the original 3DS battery, but its just INCREDIBLY hard to fit in, and I lost trust for how safe the battery was to use for the 3DS, so have stopped using it.

So now I feel a portable charger is the best way to go, so I looked around and found this:
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/TeckNet-Dual-Port-...f=pd_rhf_shvl_1
    It seems a LOT more powerful than the wrist one and not a too bad price.
    I'm just not sure if its compatible with the 3DS and where to get a 3DS usb cable from.
    Thanks to anyone who can help

2. LAA
    OP

Member LAA GBAtemp Fan

United Kingdom
    If this doesn't work, can anyone recommend a portable charger of somekind?
    Preferably one 2000mAH+. Even better 2500mAH+

3. ferret7463

Member ferret7463 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
  4. altorn

Member altorn GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Canada
    Im planning to buy the ENERGIZER ENERGIE TO GO. Theres a 18,000mah version that powers a game system for up to 96hours extra. But you can charge phones and laptops with it too...

$200.... hehe. But still sort of useful for long trips.

5. ben_not_benny

Member ben_not_benny GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    It should work fine. You just need a USB to DSi/3DS cable.

6. LAA
    OP

Member LAA GBAtemp Fan

United Kingdom
    Wow, thats an awesome idea!
    It would work out cheaper that way, since I have some rechargeable AAA batteries here. I may get more though.
    This works fine for you yeah? How long does it last also if you tried it for that long?

7. how_do_i_do_that

Member how_do_i_do_that Blue Wizard is about to die.

Antarctica
    It uses the same power cable as the DSi. You only need to get the usb DSi cable from DX or someplace similar.

8. ferret7463

Member ferret7463 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    to LAA i don't know exactly how long the energizers will last but i had a low battery at the beginning of my shift and i plugged it into my battery pack and was called out to a fire i forgot it on in the truck and after 9 hrs the red charging light on 3ds was still going while the 3ds was running a opening demo to SRW W when i came back to the truck.

9. LAA
    OP

Member LAA GBAtemp Fan

United Kingdom
    Sorry I've not been keeping regular looks on this thread...
    Anyway, thats pretty good I guess. I notice the red light on the 3DS only starts coming up near the TRUE end of the 3DS's battery, like its literally going off any minute. So, if you use the 3DS battery first then use that, we should be looking at 11+ hours. Maybe more, maybe less.
    I found some 2850mAH rechargeable batteries, so may use them. May need to wait 2 weeks till I get more money...
    Been money heavy these last 2 weeks...most saying they never recieved their items and the other place says they mostly sell fake items, so I'm qui

EDIT: I've been looking where to get the AA-Battery USB Emergency Backup Power and Charger Pack in the UK, and I havent found one good place. I've found 2 places, one where the seller has -55% feedback, with most saying they never recieved their items and the other place says they mostly sell fake items, so I'm not comfortable purchasing from either of them really...
    Does anyone know a good place where to buy it from in the UK?
    Thanks

EDIT2: I finally found them on dealextreme a few days ago. And for a good price. I've bought from dealextreme before, so know they are fine to buy with. The only downside is that you're importing from USA I think, so will take longer for items to arrive, but I can wait. I also purchased Ansman 2850 mAH rechargeable batteries, which seem to have very good reviews.

UPDATE: It seems its not as good as I thought. I've been using it more than usual for OOT, and I used it and the screen went off and sound and touch screen/buttons worked. Its like the 3DS wasnt recieving enough power to light the screen but just enough for the other too, so its not as good as I thought it seems...