Is SX OS Pro "better" or the same as ReinX?

Discussion in 'Switch - Exploits, Custom Firmwares & Soft Mods' started by JustAGuy, Aug 12, 2018.

1. mooglazer

mooglazer GBAtemp Regular

Jun 24, 2007
    United States
    Every "cfw" (or starter pack) is based on atmosphere/hekate/tinfoil. They're literally all the same codebase, just some are packaged with anime boot screens.

SX is good if you support blatant piracy, don't care about GPL and just want to play some pirated games. (Cus you know that's all it's good for.)

Please keep in mind there is also RajNX. The lead developer publishes and attributes all of their code and actively contributes several very important tools back into the scene (like ChoidujourNX, which lets you update firmware without burning fuses).

It's labeled a "starter pack" (due to trolls) but works beautifully. I highly recommend it.

lordelan likes this.
  2. aerios169

aerios169 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Dec 30, 2012
    Mexico
    the problem is that is more easy to nity to detect you, I don’t use NPS for that cause, XCI is mor difficult to detect for nity that is why I use it, if there is a emunand i would change to REI

0x64 likes this.
  3. ZachyCatGames

ZachyCatGames GBAtemp Addict

Jun 19, 2018
    United States
    Hell
    Atmosphere won't ever get XCI support, the developers of it hate piracy :P

4. mooglazer

Jun 24, 2007
    United States
    They're going to detect you, and you will be banned. N is done playing games.

ReiNX offers no real protection, doesn't load xci and does not offer emunand.

You will see emunand in Atmosphere first and then it will "magically" show up in all the (pretend) "cfw" next.

5. aerios169

aerios169 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Dec 30, 2012
    Mexico
    At the moment they can’t if you restore your nand clean, I have bought original games for online so I don’t want to waste my money. Anyway we have to wait for atmosphere.

6. mooglazer

Jun 24, 2007
    United States
    This is likely true, but supporting XCI may prove to be a dead end.

7. ZachyCatGames
    This message by ZachyCatGames has been removed from public view by Joe88, Aug 12, 2018.
    Aug 12, 2018
  8. Samus20XX
    This message by Samus20XX has been removed from public view by Quantumcat, Sep 10, 2018, Reason: Reply to deleted post.
    Aug 12, 2018
  9. ZachyCatGames
    This message by ZachyCatGames has been removed from public view by Quantumcat, Sep 10, 2018, Reason: Reply to deleted post.
    Aug 12, 2018
  10. 2manyGames2play

2manyGames2play GBAtemp Regular

Nov 24, 2015
    Netherlands
    Oh, so basically my 4.0.1 Switch already has the updated/patched reader FW.
    Isn't there always a chance for it to have still unknown/undisclosed loopholes that requires another patch? Won't it be better to keep it from updating, regardless of FW < 4.x.x > ?

Last edited by 2manyGames2play, Sep 9, 2018
  11. Draxzelex

Draxzelex GBAtemp Legend

Aug 6, 2017
    United States
    New York City
    There is a warmboot exploit known as Deja Vu that works up to firmwares 4.1 and makes no use of the gc slot. However it will require a network connection making it wirelessly tethered. Keeping the gc slot not updated is useful for an exploit that makes use of something being inserted in there such as a game however there is no such exploit as of yet.

12. LightOffPro
    This message by LightOffPro has been removed from public view by Quantumcat, Sep 10, 2018, Reason: Reply to deleted post.
    Sep 9, 2018
  13. bundat

bundat ¿

Jul 25, 2018
    Antarctica
    I just wish there was a way to get BOTH nogc AND xci loading in a single CFW.

14. lolboy

lolboy GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jul 16, 2009
    Netherlands
    SX OS/PRO.

mowsie and Erol like this.
  15. Erol

Erol GBAtemp Fan

May 13, 2009
    Gambia, The
    SX PRO. Easier to install. Easier to update. Supports XCIs. It’s no contest, no question. It’s clear.

bostonBC, lolboy and mowsie like this.
  16. mowsie

mowsie Advanced Member

Newcomer
    May 16, 2018
    United States
    Were the other 3 threads on the front page not enough to explain this

Ashura66 and lolboy like this.
  17. Ashura66

Ashura66 GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Feb 1, 2016
    Portugal
    Under my bed
    Yeah no. ReiNX is as easy to install, as easy to update and .NSP are as good as .XCI

18. Bullseye

Bullseye GBAtemp Fan

Feb 22, 2016
    Oh great! A new thread about a new topic no one has ever discussed before, with a clear answer that everyone agrees on! Can't wait to see how this thread unfolds!

19. comput3rus3r

comput3rus3r GBAtemp Psycho!

Aug 20, 2016
    United States
    I had the same reaction when I read the OP but then I read through the thread and people behaved well.

Redbaronjm and slaphappygamer like this.
  20. 2manyGames2play

2manyGames2play GBAtemp Regular

Nov 24, 2015
    Netherlands
    Everyone agrees: we're a big happy family again :3

21. 2manyGames2play
    This message by 2manyGames2play has been removed from public view by Quantumcat, Sep 10, 2018, Reason: Dupe.
    Sep 10, 2018
  22. Ashura66

Ashura66 GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Feb 1, 2016
    Portugal
    Under my bed
    For now. But the trolls are out there

2manyGames2play likes this.
  23. MushGuy

MushGuy GBAtemp Maniac

Feb 11, 2010
    United States
    Will that mean that with Atmosphere there will be no way for Nintendo to detect homebrew, and at the same time being able to use our legally owned games online? Is that what it means?

24. comput3rus3r
    This message by comput3rus3r has been removed from public view by porkiewpyne, Sep 10, 2018.
    Sep 10, 2018
  25. Draxzelex

Draxzelex GBAtemp Legend

Aug 6, 2017
    United States
    New York City
    I have absolutely no idea where you got that from. The way homebrew is currently designed now makes use of developing based on Horizon. However, we do not have the source code for Horizon so development based off of it is based off of observational data and whatever we can reverse engineer. On the other hand, Atmosphere's source code will be available as well as removing all of the limits of the original Switch OS to allow homebrew devs the full capacity of the Switch with as few barriers as possible.

Resaec likes this.
  26. sj33

sj33 GBAtemp Psycho!

Oct 22, 2013
    Japan
    I actually didn't realise that Deja Vu requires an internet connection to activate. The dongle will still continue to have a purpose, then.

27. KylieJenner

KylieJenner Member

Newcomer
    Aug 3, 2018
    Australia
    Honestly I prefer SX solely because of their XCI support, in my opinion XCI is a far superior format for gameplay because it doesn't need to be installed to play. I can easily take a game off my SD card and place it back on my computer. NSP files on the other hand you need to always have a backup of, taking up space on your computer because you can't just drag them back when you want them off your SD card.

28. linuxares

linuxares I'm not a generous god!

Aug 5, 2007
    Sweden
    I agree with you that XCI is right now superior since you can also put in a real cert, making the XCI looks more legit. NSP overwhere require fake signing and that is a bigger risk.
    If there ever will be a opensource XCI loader, that can work with example ReiNX, Atmosphere, Hekate. Well why use SX anymore?

mowsie likes this.
  29. 2manyGames2play
    This message by 2manyGames2play has been removed from public view by linuxares, Sep 11, 2018, Reason: Thanks for the corretion, but we don't allow one uhm... smiley posts?.
    Sep 11, 2018
Quick Reply
Draft saved Draft deleted