Hacking Is StarPatch a good substitute for Preloader?

kama

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tried Preloader on my older Wii. I ended up not liking it. I had Starfall when I was on 3.2U and I liked it. Is StarPatch like Starfall at all? If it is, is it pretty much identical to Starfall or slightly different?

I heven't seen much talk about it so I thought that maybe it was bad or something.

Opinions/Explanations are appreciated

Also, just another question. How can you find out what boot 2 you have on your console?

s3phir0th115

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
kama said:
I tried Preloader on my older Wii. I ended up not liking it. I had Starfall when I was on 3.2U and I liked it. Is StarPatch like Starfall at all? If it is, is it pretty much identical to Starfall or slightly different?

I heven't seen much talk about it so I thought that maybe it was bad or something.

Opinions/Explanations are appreciated

Also, just another question. How can you find out what boot 2 you have on your console?

Think of Starpatch as a Starfall that works on newer System Menu versions. They're made by different people as far as I know, but they accomplish the same purpose.

However, Preloader does offer what Starpatch would, and more. For boot2's that don't work with bootmii, you can use it as a partial brick protection. It's not as good as bootmii as boot2, but it's better than nothing.

As far as finding out what boot2 you have, it's probably just best to run the hackmii installer on your console. The only reason I can think of that you'd want to know is for bootmii purposes, and it detects if bootmii can install on it for you. It won't automatically install or anything, so there are no negative impacts by using it to check.

kama

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
One main reason was that when I shut the Wii off, the disc would spin indefinately. I mostly didn't like this because I'm not the only one in the family who uses it. I was worried that someone wouldn't know/care and having the disc drive running for no reason for extended periods generally isn't a good thing for it.

Also, it seemed kind of messy and incomplete. It made me feel like that whatever I changed would end up hurting the system. I just generally didn't like how it looked.

It's not that I didn't like Preloader, it's that I would perfer Starfall over it, and I'm wondering if StarPatch can replace Starfall.

xzxero

♥bong milk does good for the brain♥
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
nabster92 said:
kama said:
tanis698 said:
that problem was fixed in the new version of preloader.
No it wasn't, not for me anyway. I had 0.29

I think it might just have something to do with standby being on. If you turn it off you shouldn't have that problem.
or he had the beta version.
get the newest version and stick to preloader.

YayMii

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
There's an option in Preloader labeled 'stop disc'. You should know what that means.

I sorta hate Preloader, but I'm stuck with it because I use the Weather Channel (when I'm bored) but it requires standby to be on. I knew that some Wiis have overheating problems in Standby, so I wanted something that will turn off standby, but will still allow everything to work.
Only if Startpatch could do it. It seems a lot better.
And I don't need brick protection, I have BootMii boot2.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    He said he had 3 different doctors apt this week, so he prob there. Something about gerbal extraction, I don't know.
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    bored, guess i'll spread more democracy
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    @K3Nv2 one more time you say such bs to @BakerMan and I'll smack you across the whole planet
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Make sure you smack my booty daddy
    +1
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    telling him that my partner is luke...does he look like someone with such big ne
    eds?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    do you really think I could stand living with someone like luke?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    I suppose luke has "special needs" but he's not my partner, did you just say that to piss me off again?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    besides I had bigger worries today
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    but what do you know about that, you won't believe me anyways
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BigOnYa can answer that
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    BigOnYa already left the chat
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Biginya
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Auto correct got me, I'm on my tablet, i need to turn that shit off
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    With other tabs open you perv
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm actually in my shed, bout to cut 2-3 acres of grass, my back yard.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I use to have a guy for that thanks richard
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I use my tablet to stream to a bluetooth speaker when in shed. iHeartRadio, FlyNation
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    While the victims are being buried
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Grave shovel
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nuh those goto the edge of the property (maybe just on the other side of)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    On the neighbors side
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yup, by the weird smelly green bushy looking plants.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Water park was quite fun
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Water park was quite fun