Gaming is Soma Bringer worth the time??

mcr619619

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
im thinking playing it, i'd played it a little...but i don't get it...was is so good about this game??tnx...

PS: i was playing tales of innocense but my saves got corrupted, been 15hours on that..T_T

DJ91990

Grookey Gang!
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
I like Soma Bringer, I am disappointed in the translation group because the gave up after 95% of the game is translated! What the hell!?! However, some other team translates the entire game to Taiwanese! 100% Taiwanese! Very useful...FOR PEOPLE THAT SPEAK TAIWANESE!

Damnit! Somebody complete the remaining 5% of the untranslated game! Lazy people!

Don't let that stop you though!

If you have a flashcard, just download the ROM and apply that English patch and play it. It's not like you are paying $80 for a two year old game to be imported from Japan!

I personally liked it but I put it down because I have been distracted by other games; Final Fantasy IV, Four Heroes of Light, Pokemon Black and White, Pokemon Heart Gold and Soul Silver, Pokemon Platinum, Zelda Phantom Hourglass and Spirit Tracks, Lufia II COTS, and now Golden Sun Dark Dawn...damn you internet!! Slow down and let me finish some games!

Phoenix Goddess

The Ninja's Protégée
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
*snip

It's people like you that causes some groups to drop projects.

They aren't lazy, the part that wasn't translated was no big deal, whatsoever.
They're lazy people for doing 95% of the game? Talk about spoiled brats.
Complain about something else, please, cause I really don't see you working your ass off for anyone.

Soma Bringer is very worth it, it's a pretty cool game after you understand what's going on.

Bluelaserman

I shoot BLUE LASERS MAN!!!!
Trophies
XP
Country
Its really good, but you'll need the translation patch. Its on this forum if you search Somabringer translation. Its pretty much all translated, you'll barely notice any non-English text
biggrin.gif

GeekyGuy

Professional loafer
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
mcr619619 said:
tnx for the replies... is the story great?? and gameplay?? can you expand it a little more??..tnx!!..

Great? No, not what of it I played. I've put in about 12 hours with the game, and I would stay the story is better than most DS JRPGs. But it's a game that's going to appeal to folks who like stuff like Phantasy Star and/or Diablo. It's also a very pretty DS game. The animations and character/monster models look great, as does the way the 2D backgrounds blend together with everything else. Lots of great effects, etc. It's basically a loot game. It's pretty deep, though, in terms of scope, and there's lots of variety to the dungeons.

If you "don't get it," you probably won't "get it" by playing more of it. It doesn't really change drastically. It's not for everyone.

Tikker

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
it's pretty alright, but it really shines in multiplayer coop

then it's a really great game

solo, it's just alight

mcr619619

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
tnx for the replies...they're right snip, they don't get paid for their effort so watch what you say..

i'm playing it, the story seems to be straight forward( inthe beginning) and geez, the opening/tutorial is very long, it's eating my time by trying all the jobs..
happy.gif
..so far so good, i really loved the animation...

Batman55

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
One of the best DS games! I'm thinking about replaying it with a new character/class. The gameplay is a bit slow, but very deep.

Private|Par

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
GeekyGuy said:
If you "don't get it," you probably won't "get it" by playing more of it. It doesn't really change drastically. It's not for everyone.
This was the experience I had; everyone said how great it was but I just didn't dig it. Just my two cents worth.

mcr619619

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
im playing it and im really into it, the sounds are great but what really appeals to me is the graphics and the gamplay....im kinda dissapointed in the story so far,

gamefreak94

GBAtemps (Un)Official Illogical Poster
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Story is Lame, you aren't even the main character(Unless you pick him)
Graphics are amazing for a game that small of a size(Edit: Actually for a DS game!), and mutliplayer is pretty fun and is where it shines.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uLN9qrJ8ESs