Hacking Is smash bros the only rom that resets the emunand?

r4izuk0

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Every time I exit the game by pressing the home button, I have to boot back to gateway mode just to play another rom. Is this the only game doing it? Question is why? Same with the blue card, after playing DS roms, it resets back to FW 4.5

Ra1d

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Every time I exit the game by pressing the home button, I have to boot back to gateway mode just to play another rom. Is this the only game doing it? Question is why? Same with the blue card, after playing DS roms, it resets back to FW 4.5

No, it's not the only game, MH4 demo is doing the same thing, and will do so upon release, reason is from what I've read somewhere around here is that it's taking a lot of NAND memory or something like that.

Belmondo

Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
instead of pressing exit after the home button load up the camera, once the camera is loaded you can then exit it. no loss of gateway mode.

Zidapi

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
No, it's not the only game, MH4 demo is doing the same thing, and will do so upon release, reason is from what I've read somewhere around here is that it's taking a lot of NAND memory or something like that.
Yeah MH4 definitely will, and perhaps Majora's Mask too.

I suspect any game with new3DS exclusive features will.

theeboredone

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, I did not realize this when I was super tired last night after updating my Gateway and Emunand to the latest versions after not touching it for 6 months. The rusty + lack of sleep, didn't realize going back to the menu from Smash took me to the actual menu instead of the Emunand one. Now I'm stuck on 9.4 -_-.

I can only pray that the powers that be (Gateway) can figure out a way for 9.4 to work down the road.

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Yeah, I did not realize this when I was super tired last night after updating my Gateway and Emunand to the latest versions after not touching it for 6 months. The rusty + lack of sleep, didn't realize going back to the menu from Smash took me to the actual menu instead of the Emunand one. Now I'm stuck on 9.4 -_-.

I can only pray that the powers that be (Gateway) can figure out a way for 9.4 to work down the road.
do you have a nand backup?, if so get in touch with hundshamer, he will be able to install the hardware mod and downgrade back to your old FW

r4izuk0

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
One more question, is there a guide on how to install cia files or are there just a few steps to do it?

aCot+

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Bhutan
I believe this is a 3DS hardware limitation and happens without any modification (emunand etc.), too.

Also it doesn't happen on the N3DS.

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Toch... the freaking... camera icon...

Or I think you can also press L and R at the same time.
Thanks for the tip ! I will try ! But how do you load the camera ?

PS : I have a 2DS.
pretty sure the L+R only opens the camera in applet mode which doesn't exit the game, just click on any icon on your homescreen other than system settings or the applets at the top (friends list, internet etc)....basically the camera app, music app etc will all exit smash without resetting the console, or you can just get the dummy app and install it as a cia then it literally just opens and closes straight away to exit smash without a reset

Reactions: RenegadeKid

RenegadeKid

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Thank you ! It worked for me :)

A bit slower to exit the game but still better than resetting the console and launching the exploit again.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    It could get banned from PSN but you can change your ID I think?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    also gonna install twilight menu in my r4 flashcard
    One thing that just occurred to me.... The sound on the 2600 sucked less back then the harsh sound we hear now is from infinitely better speakers we have now, back when the 2600 was new speakers produced a almost muffled sound, like CRTs made old graphics look slightly better.
    I wonder if I could recommend that to some emulation devs that perhaps the sound could use some smoothing out to simulate those old TVs
    I think a few of the early systems could benefit from that, at least up to the 8 bit generation, by the 16 bit generation I think TVs had gotten a lot better in almost every way
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i dont have an sd card adapter but I have an usb sd card adapter
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Old people games
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    its not the one that comes with the r4
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    doesnt work (my flashcard is from r4isdhc.com)
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    might install ysmenu first
    Try Wood firmware
    For your R4
    It's old but it's the best firmware out for DS stuff
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    it says it only works for the original R4, R4i Gold (r4ids.cn), R4iDSN (r4idsn.com) and Acekard R.P.G.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    nvm it does support mine
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    but why choose it over ysmenu @Psionic Roshambo?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    bc im stupid?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    yea ik im stupid
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
    Just give it a try, but honestly if you have a 3DS you can play DS games without a card just off the internal SD card
    Slightly slower loading but a bit more convenient
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    guys, my fuckin headphones have an out of place speaker
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Did you try wearing them?
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Did you try wearing them?