Is Smash Bros Hax the same as OoT Hax?

Discussion in '3DS - Homebrew Development and Emulators' started by Curtis Lister, Nov 10, 2016.

1. Curtis Lister
    OP

Curtis Lister Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jul 18, 2016
    Canada
    Hey there, I am wanting to HomeBrew my n3ds xl recent update. I saw a vid tutorial for OoT hax and on the homebrew page has nore than OoT hax. I have the right tools except for OoT. Just curious if I can use the vid tutorial for Smash.

Thanks and have a great day!

Sent from my SM-N900W8 using Tapatalk

2. wuboy

wuboy GBAtemp Fan

Sep 11, 2015
    United States
    Using OoTHax and SmashHax are two very different things. OoTHax is a save file injectable using Powersaves while SmashHax requires setting up a wireless host that not everybody has access to.

3. Curtis Lister
    OP

Curtis Lister Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jul 18, 2016
    Canada
    What about ORAS? Just because I see it on the Homebrew page, if Smash doesnt work, dont know why it is still there

Sent from my SM-N900W8 using Tapatalk

4. wuboy

wuboy GBAtemp Fan

Sep 11, 2015
    United States
    I'm not saying Smash doesn't work, it's simply much more complicated to set up compared to the others.
    Here's a link to SmashHax's github: https://github.com/yellows8/3ds_smashbroshax
    Read through this, see if you have the means to run it.
    If you can't, then the only other primary exploits (assuming you're on the latest version), are through Cubic Ninja and Freaky Forms Deluxe. Can you check your firmware number and put it here? it'll be easier to determine the means you can get homebrew.