ROM Hack Is SKY3DS or SKY3DS+ worse than GATEWAY 3DS except driving on 11.2.0-35?

Is SKY3DS or SKY3DS+ worse than GATEWAY 3DS except driving on 11.2.0-35?

• Total voters

MasterJ360

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So in a nutshell just go for Armloader9 with Luma CFW honestly I don't think anything will ever top that. You will gain more user benefits that way and its free.
Gateway was more like a blueprint to make 3ds roms possible now we have accomplished that and more its an outdated cart at best. Only cart I would reccomend buying is a DSTWO Super Card to play/emulate NDS,GBA,GB/GBC,NES,and SNES roms its more useful than Gateway including their cloned blue chip which is a rip off copy of DSTWO. I use that cart along with my permanent CFW New3DS to make it the ultimate Nintendo handheld

gnmmarechal

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
gs2012.xyz
XP
Country
Portugal
So in a nutshell just go for Armloader9 with Luma CFW honestly I don't think anything will ever top that. You will gain more user benefits that way and its free.
Gateway was more like a blueprint to make 3ds roms possible now we have accomplished that and more its an outdated cart at best. Only cart I would reccomend buying is a DSTWO Super Card to play/emulate NDS,GBA,GB/GBC,NES,and SNES roms its more useful than Gateway including their cloned blue chip which is a rip off copy of DSTWO. I use that cart along with my permanent CFW New3DS to make it the ultimate Nintendo handheld
The GW blue cart is NOT a rip off of the DSTwo, but of any common R4i.

Also, the DSTWO heats up too much and spends battery like it is its job. Not necessarily good.

evandixon

PMD Researcher
Developer
Trophies
Website
projectpokemon.org
XP
Country
United States
I actually have to recommend against the DSTWO. It drains your battery much faster, has a bump on it making it harder to insert and remove, and the 3DS itself can do emulation/game injection better (not sure about SNES, that might just be an N3DS thing). I think this is the recommended NDS flashcart, but I'm not sure since I just use the Gateway blue card, which is not a ripoff of the DSTWO, it's some other R4 clone that's been relabled (not sure which one, and I think there's been 2-3 kinds over the years).

MasterJ360

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The GW blue cart is NOT a rip off of the DSTwo, but of any common R4i.

Also, the DSTWO heats up too much and spends battery like it is its job. Not necessarily good.
I only see that as a minor con considering we do have portable battery chargers and if you are at home just charge an play

gnmmarechal

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
gs2012.xyz
XP
Country
Portugal
I only see that as a minor con considering we do have portable battery chargers and if you are at home just charge an play
It is a big con. You can't carry it everywhere if you have the damn thing in sleep mode and want to carry it around. Not to mention, GBA injections work pretty well, any common R4i will work for DS games, and as for SNES.... well, the n3DS works just fine with those, and the o3DS works nicely as well, by using a homebrew emulator.

MasterJ360

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It is a big con. You can't carry it everywhere if you have the damn thing in sleep mode and want to carry it around. Not to mention, GBA injections work pretty well, any common R4i will work for DS games, and as for SNES.... well, the n3DS works just fine with those, and the o3DS works nicely as well, by using a homebrew emulator.
So why not just exit out of the cartridge going back to the 3ds home screen when not playing it then?

gnmmarechal

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
gs2012.xyz
XP
Country
Portugal
So why not just exit out of the cartridge going back to the 3ds home screen when not playing it then?
Because it drains power as long as it is inserted, regardless of it being booted or not.

MasterJ360

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Because it drains power as long as it is inserted, regardless of it being booted or not.
Well even you should know that its a powerful card and it requires power, I mean the cart actually has specs inside it. But its a minor issue to me especially with a N3DS having longer battery life than a O3DS to begin with.
Reducing brightness and turning off WIFI can help reduce consumption b/c you don't need them anyway using it. I just find it a weak excuse to dismiss it b/c there are ways to handle battery power. Sure we have CFW injections, but I rather use an organized interface emulator thats has everything all in 1 package. Not trying to be a douche but, maybe actually turning off the 3ds would have been a smarter idea to better prevent power consumption than sleepmode if its that much of a big deal or take the cart out completely when not using it.

gnmmarechal

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
gs2012.xyz
XP
Country
Portugal
Well even you should know that its a powerful card and it requires power, I mean the cart actually has specs inside it. But its a minor issue to me especially with a N3DS having longer battery life than a O3DS to begin with.
Reducing brightness and turning off WIFI can help reduce consumption b/c you don't need them anyway using it. I just find it a weak excuse to dismiss it b/c there are ways to handle battery power. Sure we have CFW injections, but I rather use an organized interface emulator thats has everything all in 1 package. Not trying to be a douche but, maybe actually turning off the 3ds would have been a smarter idea to better prevent power consumption than sleepmode if its that much of a big deal or take the cart out completely when not using it.
The New3DS doesn't need the DSTWO for emulation in the first place... 3DSX/CIA Emulators work fine on the New3DS, and decently on the Old 3DS.

MasterJ360

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The New3DS doesn't need the DSTWO for emulation in the first place... 3DSX/CIA Emulators work fine on the New3DS, and decently on the Old 3DS.
Well its whatever floats the persons boat at this point. The end results will be the same the only difference is how its booted and the minor drawbacks. I'll just end it here an agree that 3DSX emulation would be a better recommendation for new users mainly under CFW b/c its free. But points aside DSTWO isn't all that bad ppl ignore the reason why it drains power in the first place. I mean we might aswell complain about powerful GPU's b/c they heat up take in more power-[example] and b/c DSTWO is powerful the drawback is power consumption. Sure we can do everything under CFW, but I still find all of my benefits in the DSTWO b/c its well organized and uses a separate SD card to hold my roms. And if those who "Don't" have CFW I would still recommend this cart over the rip offs and cheaply made ones like R4i's

Last edited by MasterJ360,

evandixon

PMD Researcher
Developer
Trophies
Website
projectpokemon.org
XP
Country
United States
Well its whatever floats the persons boat at this point. The end results will be the same the only difference is how its booted and the minor drawbacks. I'll just end it here an agree that 3DSX emulation would be a better recommendation for new users mainly under CFW b/c its free. But points aside DSTWO isn't all that bad ppl ignore the reason why it drains power in the first place. I mean we might aswell complain about powerful GPU's b/c they heat up take in more power-[example] and b/c DSTWO is powerful the drawback is power consumption. Sure we can do everything under CFW, but I still find all of my benefits in the DSTWO b/c its well organized and uses a separate SD card to hold my roms. And if those who "Don't" have CFW I would still recommend this cart over the rip offs and cheaply made ones like R4i's
My point in bringing battery drain up is that I do not believe that the extra processing power provides any significant advantages for 3DS users. Everything the extra processing power can do, with the possible exception of Free Cheat, can be done with cheaper cards and 3DS homebrew.

Reactions: gnmmarechal

gnmmarechal

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
gs2012.xyz
XP
Country
Portugal
You're rather wrong. 3DSX emulators, especially on the New3DS, run everything just fine, whereas a DSTWO is expensive, and ALWAYS drains a lot of power. A GPU doesn't always drain a lot of power, only WHEN NEEDED.

MasterJ360

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My point in bringing battery drain up is that I do not believe that the extra processing power provides any significant advantages for 3DS users. Everything the extra processing power can do, with the possible exception of Free Cheat, can be done with cheaper cards and 3DS homebrew.
well thats b/c the cart was originally designed for the DS I did read somewhere that the extra power was meant for GBA emulation alone. So the power drainage is a burden carried over to 3DS users, but again I only see that as a minor issue b/c its not game breaking bad and for the love of god if we can carry cell phones we can carry portable chargers lol. Every handheld fanatic needs to have one. Yeah there are better alternatives, but most them require CFW, otherwise you'll end up buying emulation carts that do not support GBA

Last edited by MasterJ360,

gnmmarechal

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
gs2012.xyz
XP
Country
Portugal
well thats b/c the cart was originally designed for the DS I did read somewhere that the extra power was meant for GBA emulation alone. So the power drainage is a burden carried over to 3DS users, but again I only see that as a minor issue b/c its not game breaking bad and for the love of god if we can carry cell phones we can carry portable chargers lol. Every handheld fanatic needs to have one. Yeah there are better alternatives, but most them require CFW, otherwise you'll end up buying emulation carts that do not support GBA
Portable chargers are annoying and often heavy, not to mention you need to carry around cables. I'm a handheld fanatic, and I don't need one. I do carry a ton of handhelds around though.

erikas

Trophies
XP
Country
Both sky3ds and sky3ds+ can emulate cubic ninja, which is the easiest exploit to do. Gateway became obsolete ever since cfw came out for the 3ds. If you can run gateway, you can run cfw, and if you can run cfw why would you buy a gateway?
I have yet to reach this limit, so it was never a problem for me.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    ButterScott101 @ ButterScott101: +1