Is Sky3DS blocked from online in V9.6.0-24 ?

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by timacbosoa, Mar 30, 2015.

1. timacbosoa
    OP

timacbosoa Member

Newcomer
    Aug 25, 2009
    United States
    I just wanted to make this post since I haven't seen many other people talk about it.

With recent 9.6 update, whenever I try to go online, i get the following message

I have tested this with a ROM of Super Smash Bros. downloaded from the internet injected with a private header and a ROM of Pokemon dumped from a personal retail copy.

Before I come to the conclusion that the 9.6 update blocked the Sky3DS (anticipates GW fanboys), I was wondering if any other Sky3DS users are experiencing this?

2. congzing

congzing GBAtemp Regular

Dec 10, 2014
    Chibaken
    Private Header again.

3. timacbosoa
    OP

timacbosoa Member

Newcomer
    Aug 25, 2009
    United States

Why would my own dump of a personal retail copy need a private header....

4. Oishikatta

Oishikatta GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Oct 30, 2014
    United States

That error isn't new, it means you applied the header incorrectly.

Biala likes this.
  5. Foxi4

Foxi4 On the hunt...

pip Reporter
    Sep 13, 2009
    Poland
    Gaming Grotto
    Because DiskWriter applies the header from the Template file, so the fact that you used a retail dump is irrelevant unless you adjusted the Template with your private information.

EDIT: If it makes you feel better, banned users were reportedly unbanned after 2 weeks, so there's that. In the future make sure that your template file contains your private online identifier, there's a number of apps that can inject it for you.

thorasgar and RubenCantuVota like this.
  6. thorasgar

thorasgar Checkout my evil Soon-in-atorâ„¢

Jul 3, 2010
    United States
    As in, not at all. :rolleyes:

7. timacbosoa
    OP

timacbosoa Member

Newcomer
    Aug 25, 2009
    United States

I did indeed alter the template using the .bin file of the header from my Pokemon Y retail copy.

8. Foxi4

Foxi4 On the hunt...

pip Reporter
    Sep 13, 2009
    Poland
    Gaming Grotto
    You mean you've injected your private Unique ID, left the Cart ID and EEPROM ID be and then flashed the game? Can you make sure by dumping the game from your Sky, opening it in HxD and searching for that ID? I have a weird feeling that you must've made a mistake.

9. timacbosoa
    OP

timacbosoa Member

Newcomer
    Aug 25, 2009
    United States
    I wouldn't be surprised if I did make a mistake. I'm using the No Ban No Sky program to inject the header into the template. I'm extracting the IDs using the Gateway ROM patcher tool to make the .bin file. I assume these two programs export and import codes accurately.

10. Foxi4

Foxi4 On the hunt...

pip Reporter
    Sep 13, 2009
    Poland
    Gaming Grotto
    They do, but you should make sure that you did not encounter a bug. If you have, you should report to No Ban No Sky's developer so others are safe. Dump the game with DiskWriter and check if the template was applied or not, that's the only way to make sure.

11. thorasgar

thorasgar Checkout my evil Soon-in-atorâ„¢

Jul 3, 2010
    United States
    I think this thread needs a title change. At least add MY to it.

timacbosoa and thaikhoa like this.
  12. Chaldron

Chaldron GBATemp's Official Attorney

Mar 29, 2013
    United States
    `Murica
    This is interesting. So if you get banned using a public header, would changing the header instantly unban you? Or would you stay banned?

13. YourHero

YourHero GBAtemp Maniac

Apr 22, 2010
    United States
    I don't think he is banned, I think the header is blocked. Would make more sense.

14. Oishikatta

Oishikatta GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Oct 30, 2014
    United States

Bans are per-console. Individual massively public headers may also be blocked though, that would be separate.

15. Chaldron

Chaldron GBATemp's Official Attorney

Mar 29, 2013
    United States
    `Murica

Ah, so if I messed up injecting a private header and going online, I'd get my console banned? Yikes.

16. Foxi4

Foxi4 On the hunt...

pip Reporter
    Sep 13, 2009
    Poland
    Gaming Grotto
    002-0123 means that either the Unique ID or the Cartridge ID (or both) are invalid in his ROM, he doesn't seem to be banned, that would result in a 002-0102 error code, which translates to a ban or a suspension.

17. Christian Rosado

Christian Rosado GBAtemp Regular

Mar 26, 2015
    United States
    Im getting same error after patching the whole template with no ban no sky. Then I rewrited all games to sd card with this new patched template and voila: Error Code: 002-0123
    You cannot use online services with this Game Card.