Is Section Section IV - CTRNAND Luma3DS of the A9LH to B9S guide necessary?

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by alexg1989, Jun 24, 2017.

1. alexg1989
    OP

alexg1989 GBAtemp Regular

Sep 23, 2010
    United States
    I'm not sure if I have a emunand or sysnand....

I followed the 3ds.guide to update from a9lh to boot9strap up to this point and I'm not sure if I even need to do this. It's asking me "IF" I want to do this...

Should I skip this and just go ahead to Section V, installing luma3ds updater?

2. sleepymanakete

sleepymanakete GBAtemp Regular

Mar 10, 2016
    United States
    Its for being able to boot into the 3ds without an sd card. It's up to you but i would do it just in case something happens with the card.

3. alexg1989
    OP

Sep 23, 2010
    United States
    okay... but what if I do it and I don't have a emunand setup?... cause I'm not sure if I do.. If something goes wrong during this section, will it brick the system?

4. sleepymanakete

Mar 10, 2016
    United States
    You'll be fine without an emunand. No, you wont brick. It'll boot in sysnand if you do it.

5. alexg1989
    OP

Sep 23, 2010
    United States
    okay, I just skipped that. Maybe I'll do it some other time.

I have two Luma3DS updaters on my 2ds main menu where all the games, homebrews show up. How can I delete the old one? The old just says Hamcha, the new one says KunoichiZ/Hamcha

6. sleepymanakete

Mar 10, 2016
    United States
    You can go into Fbi>titles and delete one of them, if you delete the new one by mistake you can always download it again.

7. alexg1989
    OP

Sep 23, 2010
    United States
    strange, only one shows up in the FBI>Titles section but there's definitely two in the main menu

8. sleepymanakete

Mar 10, 2016
    United States
    Delete it to see which one it is. You can also go into the system settings and delete it from there.

9. alexg1989
    OP

Sep 23, 2010
    United States
    I was able to delete it through the System Settings. Since it was in order from newest installed to first installed, it was easy to find and delete. Thanks.

sleepymanakete likes this.