Gaming Is Schtrom 360 compatible with SH-D163B drives?

misticknight

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
hi, i heard Schtrom360 is better and easier to make images of 360 games but it doesn't seem to be recognising my SH-D163B. I have version 3.0, is there an update that fixes this or am i doing something wrong here? If i cant use just to be sure the way you use XBC correctly is after dumping you click on "iamge tools" select "security sector" and save the file in the same place where the game was dumped right? Just wanna know if im doing the right thing.

also while i'm here, Ritek dvds are a bad idea yes?

Armadillo

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Yes it works with it , v3 is old. It's up to v4 now. Xbc just make sure complete backup is ticked and then press start and let it dump the disc. There is no reason to be messing around in image tools.

misticknight

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
oh crap, does that mean the dumps i've made are bad now cause i've already returned them to the video store (knew i shoulda waited till i actually had DL DVDs before i dont anything). also can you please link me to the latest Schtrom release i've looked everywhere and cant find it. and do you know about the ritek DVDs cause i can get them MUCH cheaper than Verbatim or TDK ones but i heard they're bad, i dont know if thats old news now though and if they're better now.

Takrin

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
yea XBC is so far my choice (had some problems with schrom awhile back). if you think your games are bad run it through mulleter usually it will let you know if its bad. although it still tells me my gears of war 2 is bad and its the original.

on the dvd give it a try if you have them, i did use vibs forever until i tried a cheap memorex they sold at office max and its been working perfectly no burn errors or reading problems.

misticknight

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
true i'll try both i spose. back to the DVDs though the problem is i gotta buy a spindle with 25 cause the place doesnt sell them in singles. It's $35 for 25 Ritek or i can pay $50 for 20 Verbatim ones. i dont wnna get the Ritek ones though only to find they suck and i have another 24 i cant use. i think i'll just pay the extra and be safe.

squirt1000

Would rather have a cup of Tea!
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Ive been using cheap disks with ritek dye for ages now and never had a problem. I do install most of my games while im playing them though so stress on the lens is kept to a bear minimum
wink.gif

misticknight

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
nice, anyone else have good experience with Ritek, maybe i'll get some next time considering how cheap they are.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: yes for nearly a month i was officially a wanted fugitive, until yesterday when it ended