Gaming is rune factory frontier playable with broken minus button on Wiimote?

blueagent004

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
so i'm been wanting to buy rune factory frontier for a long time but the "minus" button on my wiimote is broken, so can i still play the game from start to finish using all the other functional buttons on the wiimote and also the nunchuk?

i haven't bought the game yet since i don't know if its playable with the "minus" button on the wiimote in a broken state.

the game guide says that the "minus" button is for brining up the ring menu, and also for making the inventory menu go left, or something of that sort.

thanks so much for letting me know!

Last edited by blueagent004,

Maeson

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Looking at the instructions, yes, using Wiimote + Nunchuck combo, the - Button is used in two ways:

On menus, it's used alongside with + to cycle around the different sections of the main menu. So without it, you would only be able to cycle one way. It would be annoying, but I guess you could play it.

Outside of menus though, the - Button is used to bring the Ring Menu, which is a shortcut menu in which you put specific items for easy access and quick change. It's very handy and cuts a lot of time going to the main menu to change your equipped stuff.

So, theoretically you could play the game, but it would be far more annoying than needed, and I don't know if I would have nearly as much fun, but that's me.

The game is compatible with the Classic Controller, so if you have one you could try that.

Reactions: blueagent004

blueagent004

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
thank you so much for your help! now i can finally buy the game!

i read there was a mod for rune factory oceans that would enable the use of gamecube controller with the wii, though it doesn't seem it would work for rune factory frontier. oh well, time to get a classic controller.

Maeson

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
If you talk about Rune Factory: Tides of Destiny, I don't know of a GC mod, but I do know about a Ocarina code that hacks Classic Controller compatibility into the game.

It's in the Geckocodes website:
https://geckocodes.org/index.php?c=so3ee9

I remember trying it years ago and working fine, but I never got too far in that game, as I expected something closer to Frontier, but it was more of an Action game. I should try it again sometime!

Reactions: blueagent004

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Cool. Same here.