is retroarch for IOS no jailbreak a scam?

Discussion in 'Mobile Phones and Media Players' started by weatMod, Jun 10, 2015.

1. weatMod
    OP

weatMod GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Aug 24, 2013
    United States
    can anyone here confirm that this works? or is it a scam?

there are sies like emu4ios and allemu weebly that supposedly have a version of retroarch with ads, that supposedly works up to IOS 8.0.1 with no jailbreak
    with a "date trick"
    I have tried to install this several times, emulator installs but will not load any roms
    just kicks back "failed to load content" error with every single rom with every single core,

i tried the most popular roms for every system(tested and working roms) nothing works also app does not perform as described for me
    it says it will work with date changed back to normal as long as you don't reboot but I find this to be bullshit, whenever I close the app it will not open without setting the date back even if I don't reboot

so has anyone got this to work or is it just a total scam?

2. RevPokemon

RevPokemon GBATemp's 3rd Favorite Transgirl

Aug 24, 2014
    United States
    Fort Gay, West Virginia
    According to the Dev website (with links to its Google play) it does have an iOS version

http://www.libretro.com/index.php/downloads/

But no clue on how to run it

3. mercluke

mercluke ‮҉

Dec 2, 2007
    Perth
    not sure about retroarch, but gba4ios works great without a jailbreak. supposedly they use a leaked certificate to sign the ipa so it will likely be blacklisted in the next ios update

4. weatMod
    OP

Aug 24, 2013
    United States
    well it is an unofficial build I guess, I just want to know if anyone here has had any success with it because I tried it 50 times and it wont work at all I can get it to install by ack dating trick but it just wont load any roms no matter what I try
    but then again it could just be because iTunes is such shit, and full of bugs, the tutorials never mention which version of itunes they use

5. RevPokemon

RevPokemon GBATemp's 3rd Favorite Transgirl

Aug 24, 2014
    United States
    Fort Gay, West Virginia
    To be honest I think you right. It would be better to get individual iOS game emulators in this case

6. weatMod
    OP

Aug 24, 2013
    United States
    yeah I know I am just trying to confirm if this works at all

also why are apple devs such spergs? trying to do the "date trick" made me realize just how sperg they are and just how true this video is

why don't they just put in a separate columnn for the year?!?! urrrrrhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Last edited by weatMod, Jun 10, 2015
  7. Sheimi

Sheimi A cute Vixen!

Oct 22, 2009
    United States
    retroarch is on cydia. I seen a few places to install retroarch, but have built in ads. I know with the date trick is to install the app and sometimes is needed to do so if the app closes automatically.

8. weatMod
    OP

Aug 24, 2013
    United States
    yeah it is an ad version you can install with the "date trick" but it doesn't work the emulator opens but it just displays ads, and it will not load roms