Hacking Is RedNAND the only way to install

Ryccardo

Penguin accelerator
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
a lot of the options there will brick you
Assuming the setup is CBHC, the dangerous options are 2 out of over 40 for the most conservative count :)
(Which ones, you may ask? System Format and Boot Status = 255 format in progress)

True that between wupinstaller (title management), saviine/ftpiiu (save management), and ftpiiu + a text editor (hidden settings) there are viable alternatives, though!

Last edited by Ryccardo,
D

Deleted User

Halt! You need patched version of SysConfigTool which can be found on /That iso site/.
Otherwise, you're good to go. Just remember to launch it from CFW state.

JR0DGamerz

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Let's back up here. @JR0DGamerz why do you want sysconfig tool? Is there something that you are assuming only sysconfigtool does?
It has features such as Region-free, installers, launchers and I'm curious to see what it really is.
At the moment, it looks like a more advanced settings app with a GUI that looks like it was inspired by the PS3.

Kafluke

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It has features such as Region-free, installers, launchers and I'm curious to see what it really is.
At the moment, it looks like a more advanced settings app with a GUI that looks like it was inspired by the PS3.
Region free is not accomplished by using sysconfigtool. This is done by launching a CFW. Any CFW. They are all region free. Sysconfigtool doesn't do anything that many other safer programs can do. Like WUP Installer GX2. Sysconfig tool is a one way ticket to a brick if you're just messing with stuff. I don't see the value

Edit: sorry for the salty post. I'm super sick and acting like a dick.

If you want to mess with sysconfigtool please use redNAND. That's the reason for redNAND. If you mess something up, you're safe. If you discover something cool using it you can test on you're own sysnand CFW and report the results.

Last edited by Kafluke,
Reactions: FlappyFalco

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: :shy: