Is really cheater exist in mario kart DS

Discussion in 'NDS - Console and Game Discussions' started by gab10, Feb 11, 2007.

Feb 11, 2007
  1. gab10
    OP

Newcomer gab10 Advanced Member

China
    i read some mario kart forum
    and they discuss people use some cheat like 150cc hack, Bullet Bill in mario kart wfc

is cheater really exist
    or they just crazy fast

do u know some of your friends really use cheat?
    to confirm the cheat exist or not

2. Rayout

Member Rayout GBAtemp Regular

United States
    some people have a cheat that lets them pick what map they use. There is also a cheat that lets them automatically win. It sucks : \

3. Satangel

Member Satangel BEAST

Belgium
    How do you use it [​IMG] ?

4. Monkey01

Member Monkey01 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Netherlands
    There's a hack that let's you play the levels which aren't allowed to play online normally yes. Also when you choose a level from that hack, it'll always be that level if the other players choose normal levels...
    Don't know 'bout other cheats&hacks though...

5. GBA_Temper

Member GBA_Temper *KING OF GBATEMP*

United States
    LOl people hack stuff all the time for MKDS I try most of the SAVES....

6. Mewgia

Member Mewgia drifter

United States
    They probably do exist, but some are just crazy fast. I've played a few of the crazy fast snakers, like zghetto (who completely owned my ass D:) and pYrO (who I can tie in a match if I'm lucky, otherwise it's normally 3-1, his win).

7. gab10
    OP

Newcomer gab10 Advanced Member

China
    automatically win [​IMG]
    or they use shortcut [​IMG] ?

Could people pick the map when others have chosen 2 same map?
    if it happen, it must cheat
    i think most of case they just lucky and tough

so i ask cheater exits in wfc or not

lucky, i did not met cheater in wfc until now [​IMG]

8. Icarus

Member Icarus fire walk with me

United States
    Some people tag team against you. It's not really a cheat but it's really annoying. One player always waits near the item boxes and tries to get a star. When you're about the pass him, he activates the star and hits you over and over while the other guy just passes you.. Because of the people like these, I don't play mario kart online anymore [​IMG]

9. 754boy

Banned 754boy :D

United States
    DUDE, that happened to me last week lol, I SWEAR it did. Pissed me off so bad that I damn near got a headache. And as you said, Because of the people like these, I don't play mario kart online anymore either. Hell I had to change my avatar to say "I H8 SNAKE" lol [​IMG] Now we got chumps tag teaming...it sux [​IMG]

10. pottageb

Member pottageb GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    Why do u refer to snaking as cheating?

its a skill

11. Hitto

Member Hitto MKDS Tournament Winner

France
    Hallelujah! One voice of reason in a crowd of sheep.

12. [M]artin

Member [M]artin .

United States
    Is it just me, or is it impossible to snake with a DS Lite? I used to be an avid snaker with my DS Phat, then I traded up to a Lite and I couldn't snake for sh*t. Like my powers had been drained... DS Lite Kryptonite! [​IMG]

13. Qpido

Member Qpido Call me Q.

Netherlands
    I'm not sure about the whole cheating thing, but I see Snaking more of a skill aswell.
    But my hands totally get cramped when playing MKDS on a Lite, my friends' phat plays better.
    That's why I hardly play it [​IMG] .

Q~

14. Psyfira

Member Psyfira Credit: 0ml. Insert tea to continue

United Kingdom
    Cheating's the wrong word, it's just one of those gameplay experience things. Snaking gives players such an advantage that if one person snakes everyone else is forced to, which (for some) makes the whole game rather boring. Some players frown upon it for that reason, prefering to use softer skills with closer odds rather than a "works every time" powermove. Some love it, some hate it, it just depends on the players.

15. Icarus

United States
    Maybe it's a skill but I still hate the fact that someone snaking always wins against someone who doesn't. If it's a part of the game, the developers were supposed to put something to counter it.

besides, it's simply more fun without snaking period..

16. 754boy

United States
    Snaking is not a skill. Its OBVIOUSLY an exploit to gain an advantage. I know how to do it but its so stressful on my fingers that it takes out all the fun. You forget all about the race and have to focus entirely on timing the snake right. LAME.

17. Hitto

Member Hitto MKDS Tournament Winner

France
    1991, Street Fighter 2 :
    Sonic Boom + Sonic Kick combo is not a skill. Its OBVIOUSLY an exploit to gain an advantage. I know how to do it but its so stressful on my fingers that it takes out all the fun. You forget all about the fight and have to focus entirely on timing the combo right. LAME.

1997, Tobal 2 :
    Counter-throw is not a skill. Its OBVIOUSLY an exploit to gain an advantage. I know how to do it but its so stressful on my fingers that it takes out all the fun. You forget all about the fight and have to focus entirely on timing the Counter-throw right. LAME.

1999, Quake 3 :

Strafe Jumping is not a skill. Its OBVIOUSLY an exploit to gain an advantage. I know how to do it but its so stressful on my fingers that it takes out all the fun. You forget all about the fight and have to focus entirely on timing the Strafe Jump right. LAME.

And so on, and so on, and so on... [​IMG]

Everytime you'll meet a player who's better than you, you'll say his technique sucks and is anti-play or anti-fun or something because he BASICALLY WON'T LET YOU WIN. Admit it. Losing isn't fun, I can understand.

Aw, shit, this discussion comes 'round every few months. Nintendo designed snaking as part of Double Dash, and if it was a bug, they would have "fixed" (reead : removed) it in DS. Strangely enough, they left the width of the tracks large enough for anyone to snake properly. Strangely enough, the official word is, it's a skill. There are ways around it. There are ways to beat snakers without snaking yourself, even though it's more of a hassle than trying to snake half-assedly.

But anyway, let's move away from the bickering and counter-bickering, I mean, I'm sorry if you don't enjoy MKDS the way I do, but that's that, eh?
    Question : If snaking is still possible on Mario Kart Wii whenever that's released, will you still say it's a bug exploit?

18. 2cb2ct7

Member 2cb2ct7 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Australia
    What is snaking?

19. 754boy

United States
    Dude, everything you just mentioned were moves that were put into the game by the designer with the intention of players using them. So you wasted your time typing all of that. Snaking in MKDS was not a core gameplay element put in by the developers. Some guy stumbled across it and thought it was cool. THats an exploit.

You can say wat you wanna, Snaking is not a skill. Thats MY opinion. [​IMG]

20. Icarus

United States
    You can Hadoken spam for Street Fighter 2. Guile isn't that good anyway: Ryu or Ken is the way to go(especially Ryu)

Am I the only one who haven't heard Tobal ?

Anyway, I definetly agree with 754boy.. It's simply an exploit and there's absolutly NO WAY to beat a snaker unless you snake yourself. That's why I like the games like Gears Of War. There's always an altarnate strategy that you can use against someone. Very balanced..