Homebrew Is reading GameCube games harmful for Wii console?

Ju4nCh092

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hello! I'm new in this community and I want to make some questions about playing GameCube games on Wii. I'm Spanish, so I hope you can understand me.

I have read on the Internet that recording an only game in a DVD which has a capacity of 4,7 GB (in other words, not a mini-dvd) can damage the optical scanner of Wii because it makes more effort reading the DVD. Even I have read that reading any GameCube backup game is harmful for Wii. Are these statements true or false?

Another matter is that recently I have a little problem with some GameCube MultiGames: I introduce the DVD in the console, I go to the Game Channel to load it and then the Wii restarts. Later I record the MultiGame again and it works! Sometimes there is something strange. I can load a game, I check that it works and when I insert the DVD again to load another game, the Wii restarts! Why does it restart if the console has load a game without any problem?

Thanks for your help! Regards.

Bryon15

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't know the answer to your question, but I thought I should mention that you don't necessarily have to use burned DVDs to play gamecube games on the wii anymore. Now they can be loaded from a SD memory card! Read my topic:

http://gbatemp.net/topic/325358-i-just-saw-a-video-of-gc-games-being-loaded-from-usb-loader-gx/

newo

Trophies
Website
wiibrew.org
XP
Country
Jamaica
Gamecube games should not be a problem for you wii dvd drive. The biggest problem is playing MW3 wii or Blackops wii because it constantly spins you disc. avoiding playing them for long periods.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/WOppJ92RgGU?si=KE79L6A_3jESsGQM