Is r4i 3ds the only one that doesn't work with decrypted games?

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by masterz87, May 7, 2015.

1. masterz87
    OP

masterz87 GBAtemp Fan

Apr 21, 2013
    United States
    As it says on the tin, I don't know why it wouldn't work otherwise since I thought the whole point of the thing was patching the signing, because then how else could it do non-legit game cards, region free etc. I don't remember seeing the changelog in gateway nor mt-card that theyupdated the hardware/launcher to work with such things.

2. Neptune

Neptune GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Dec 7, 2003
    United States
    Internet
    If that's a clone card of Sky3DS then yes, it would boot signed/encrypted games only.

3. liomajor

liomajor GBAtemp Maniac

Jun 10, 2008
    United States
    If you are talking about 'R4i Gold 3DS Deluxe Edition', yes, thats an absolut outdated Card that can only play 3DS Games if the Sign is intact and unchanged.

4. migles

migles Mei the sexiest bae

GBAtemp Patron
    migles is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Sep 19, 2013
    Saint Kitts and Nevis
    my dad works for nintendo.
    its a gateway clone, it come out much before sky3ds existence

5. masterz87
    OP

masterz87 GBAtemp Fan

Apr 21, 2013
    United States
    Well that's certiainly depressing, I would've thought that was part of the early firmwares. Oh well I guess, I paid 25$ for it a while ago so I guess I've gotten my use out of it so far then. When did the other cards patch the sig checks? I looked through their pages and on the wki but I never saw any one of them ever saying "hey we can do disable sig checks."

6. gamesquest1

gamesquest1 Nabnut

GBAtemp Patron
    gamesquest1 is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Sep 23, 2013
    round about when they added eshop support, but the ability to run zero keyed roms was added with the homebrew support so around 2.1 for gateway, i don't see why R4 didn't rip that off too seeing as they got the multi-rom menu working that was added around the same time, guess they just couldn't be bothered, or didnt know how to add it into their FW properly

7. masterz87
    OP

masterz87 GBAtemp Fan

Apr 21, 2013
    United States
    well basically the rest of those firmwares were given up o nand they went back to firmware 1.0 due to the bricking bugs. I also know they're complete fuckwits, because the ds mode flash cart has upgradeable fpga firmware yet the3ds card didn't which is entirely stupid. Why the jtag pins weren't hooked up to the micro-sd card slot ala the ds mode flash cart is beyond me. Plus since now all there is really is firmare 6.0+(so long as no new key save method in 6.0), and multimode is pretty much it. I am personally thinking that they'll most likely wait for the dstwo's new card to come out andthen try to clone that some how.

The whole "4.0" firmware is just multi-rom suppossedly some card 2 type games except pokemon and there's been no updates on it since then. I'm sure part of it is that they hae no idea what they're doing.