Hacking Is R4 the best DS flashcart?

gkoelho

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I have been thinking on get a DS to play some games, i wanna buy a flashcart but not really sure whats is the best one.

Also can i link my 3ds nintendo account to a new ds? I may want to download my pokemon bank to transfer some pokemons too.

MelonGx

Trophies
XP
Country
China
R4i series has Date Expire issue which makes noobs crazy.

DSTWO never has it.

MT-card's blue-card never has it either.

Redhorse

Warehouse 13 Curator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes but MelonGX; doesn't the MT card have the Tab on the case preventing it from being used in the DS series? or am I confused about that? I think he wanted to use it in both?

PS I don't think you can Link (or would even need to) your DS and your 3ds accounts IIRC.

There's also the battery usage to consider. I love my Ds2 but seldom use it in the 3ds as it eats through the 3ds battery charge like a starving person eats a hamburger. the older [original] R4's are really generous with battery use [on DS lites and earlier DSi firm wares] because of chip differences. I can't speak to the MT on this issue at all.

Last edited by ,

Rj.MoG

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just get the DSTwo. You're wasting your money if you get the R4 and you'll regret it later. I've had my DSTwo for years and it's still getting updates and new homebrew. Also you can savestate, have a realtime guide, cheats and all kinds of other neat stuff with the DSTwo.

gkoelho

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Thanks, you guys are helping a lot.

One more question, can it load gba roms?

Edit: either one of them, but i i'm getting interest on the dstwo. Even thinking on buy it first, since i saw it works directly on my 3ds

Last edited by gkoelho,

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
R4i series has Date Expire issue which makes noobs crazy.

DSTWO never has it.

MT-card's blue-card never has it either.
Only the R4i SDHC and related carts. The R4i Gold 3DS (r4ids.cn) doesn't.
I have been thinking on get a DS to play some games, i wanna buy a flashcart but not really sure whats is the best one.

Also can i link my 3ds nintendo account to a new ds? I may want to download my pokemon bank to transfer some pokemons too.
The R4i Gold 3DS (r4ids.cn) is pretty good, second only to the DSTWO due to the built in CPU.

Rj.MoG

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks, you guys are helping a lot.

One more question, can it load gba roms?

Edit: either one of them, but i i'm getting interest on the dstwo. Even thinking on buy it first, since i saw it works directly on my 3ds
DSTwo can emulate GBA (fullspeed) with great compatibility through TempGBA if you can't install CIA files.

gkoelho

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Pokemon bank won't be able to recognize any DS flashcart, even though you have Pokemon B/W/B2/W2 on it.

This one will be a retail game :lol: But i may want to use cheats on it(to get that nasty celebi on hg/ss). I guess that would be impossible on the ds on a retail game, right?

DSTwo can emulate GBA (fullspeed) with great compatibility through TempGBA if you can't install CIA files.

May i ask what is TempGBA?

myspacee

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hello,
now i want to buy a DSTwo :)

Are these original ?

http://s.sbito.it/images/02/02248411950727.jpg
02248411950727.jpg

Thank you,
m.

Rj.MoG

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I suggest you buy from modchipcentral.com. They've been very good anytime I've used them.
Not necessarily.

There are homebrew for DS flashcarts that allow DS save extract and injection to retail carts.
TempGBA is a DsTwo GBA emulator.

[^Blark^]

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This one will be a retail game :lol: But i may want to use cheats on it(to get that nasty celebi on hg/ss). I guess that would be impossible on the ds on a retail game, right?

There is a solution to getting celebi/mew/shiny enter,raiku,suikune etc...on HG/SS official carts.

1.) you get the supercard dstwo
2.) google search for DS pkmn Distribuable rom.
3.)have 2 nintendo ds systems.
4.) on dstwo run pkmn distributable for *insert pkmn name*and change the date to when that pkmn was originally given away.
5.) then you can find a wonder card injector or whatever it is to edit that one for use with other specific events. (pc based program)

**download an event card for ANY distributed pkmn doesn't care if it's over changing the system time on the DS let's you receive pkmn**

there's is a TUT on the net somewhere I'm too tired to look now.

sorry for not being to descriptive towards the end as I forgot how to do most of it but I can Say that I have actually done this with HG/SS and got the 3 Shiny dogs that gamestop was giving away and these ones as well.

deoxys (all forms)
celebi
mew
darkrai ( I think??)
magmorter

search for HG/SS distribution list on serebii and you can get any of those and they are legit to use in battle. (supposedly I never tried)

Last edited by [^Blark^],

Queno138

Ravens
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
There is a solution to getting celebi/mew/shiny enter,raiku,suikune etc...on HG/SS official carts.

1.) you get the supercard dstwo
2.) google search for DS pkmn Distribuable rom.
3.)have 2 nintendo ds systems.
4.) on dstwo run pkmn distributable for *insert pkmn name*and change the date to when that pkmn was originally given away.
5.) then you can find a wonder card injector or whatever it is to edit that one for use with other specific events. (pc based program)

**download an event card for ANY distributed pkmn doesn't care if it's over changing the system time on the DS let's you receive pkmn**

there's is a TUT on the net somewhere I'm too tired to look now.

sorry for not being to descriptive towards the end as I forgot how to do most of it but I can Say that I have actually done this with HG/SS and got the 3 Shiny dogs that gamestop was giving away and these ones as well.

deoxys (all forms)
celebi
mew
darkrai ( I think??)
magmorter

search for HG/SS distribution list on serebii and you can get any of those and they are legit to use in battle. (supposedly I never tried)

Or you could just get the .pkm for Gen V,

Or use the wonder card on Gen Iv, extract the pkm to convert Gen V.

Problem is if the save is stuck on a flash cart, one won't be able to transfer the Pokemon to Gen VI
(Pkhex can bypass poke bank transfer)

gkoelho

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil

deoxys (all forms)
celebi
mew
darkrai ( I think??)
magmorter

Thats looks really intersting. I will get a look on to it as soon is have this fc. But why do I must hv 2 ds? and my 3ds cant work as "one ds" ?

Problem is if the save is stuck on a flash cart, one won't be able to transfer the Pokemon to Gen VI
(Pkhex can bypass poke bank transfer)

What dows u mean with stuck on a flash cart? i didnt get it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: what annoys me is my server has 2.5g but i have nothing else that does