Hacking Is R4 sold in Australia

A

armand66

There is R4s sold on comtrader.com.au.

Some are sold for $50 not including postage costs, while some are sold for $60-70 delivered.

I bought an R4 and a 2gb MicroSD for $90 AUD.

arsehat

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Nope its not legal to copy a game if you own a real copy in Australia and many other countries.

Okay, let's go off on a tangent here for a moment with a little thought experiment.

The year is 2012, and High Def TVs are commonplace fixtures in the loungeroom, making Loungeroom Computing viable again after a 20-year hiatus.

Sony have had the PlayStation 4 out for about six months, and the perfectly legal modchips are readily available. Sony have also positioned the PS4 as a general-purpose computer - it runs Linux natively, but can also boot game discs on the bare metal.

Some wag has just taken a case to the High Court, claiming that since Sony claims the PS4 is a computer it should be legal to make backups of PS4 software because it's already legal to make a backup of computer software for safety purposes so you don't risk damaging the original. Others come out of the woodwork in support of the case, supporting the notion that it should be legal to make your own backups for preservation purposes because the distinction between software for games consoles and software for general-purpose computers is largely artificial - especially so, since the new TPM and DRM and something-whatever-M "features" in Windows Lockdown mean that you're effectively leasing your computer back from Redmond these days anyway, but it's still perfectly legal to make backup copies of your Windows games and even to circumvent the copy protection in order to exercise that right.

Discuss.
nyanya.gif

roguefan99

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Some wag has just taken a case to the High Court, claiming that since Sony claims the PS4 is a computer it should be legal to make backups of PS4 software because it's already legal to make a backup of computer software for safety purposes so you don't risk damaging the original. Others come out of the woodwork in support of the case, supporting the notion that it should be legal to make your own backups for preservation purposes because the distinction between software for games consoles and software for general-purpose computers is largely artificial - especially so, since the new TPM and DRM and something-whatever-M "features" in Windows Lockdown mean that you're effectively leasing your computer back from Redmond these days anyway, but it's still perfectly legal to make backup copies of your Windows games and even to circumvent the copy protection in order to exercise that right.

Discuss.Â
nyanya.gif

Simple, its illegal to make a backup of any copyrighted material. Even if its a PC program, so the case would be found infavour of Sony. However if the file was converted into another form, then it might be legal under the transcoding laws that the government was discussing (cant remember whether they actually passed them, but of course if you did this with a program it wouldn't work on the chipped ps4.

arsehat

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Simple, its illegal to make a backup of any copyrighted material. Even if its a PC program, so the case would be found infavour of Sony. However if the file was converted into another form, then it might be legal under the transcoding laws that the government was discussing (cant remember whether they actually passed them, but of course if you did this with a program it wouldn't work on the chipped ps4.

Except that in the case of computer software, right now in 2007 in Australia it's legal to make a "backup" or "working copy" and use that instead of the original - and from memory that's enshrined in law, not just the shrinkwrapped licence agreements. The problem, as I see it, appears to be the artificial distinction between special-purpose computing hardware like videogame consoles and general-purpose computers. What's the difference between a small-business owner who's afraid that his staff will lose or destroy a Word CD while installing extra features, and a parent who is afraid that their kids will scratch the shit out of Mario Party 8 or Dance Dance Revolution or whatever else? Well, the business people have already stood up to legislators and the computer software industry - parents haven't stood up to the videogame console manufacturers.

shakirmoledina

Legend
OP
Trophies
Website
vfootball.co.nf
XP
Country
Tanzania
i really wanted to buy it at the moment and man they are out but also on dealextreme it's not there. they will ship the orders tomo (tuesday) to all those who bought it before it went out so maybe we will get a date tomo.
sites like gameyeeeah have it so was it there for a long time or did they order more recently?

rifhad1

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Q about acegamestore.com:
i ordered something when it was on the pre-order status (shipping comes on 13/08/07) does this mean i have preordered it and will get it ASAP?

shakirmoledina

Legend
OP
Trophies
Website
vfootball.co.nf
XP
Country
Tanzania
Digimartz has full stock as mentioned and it has been so since monday and also modchip has the stock ... next monday even another site is getting there stock so i think we will see stock starting to get back together hopefully

fyww611

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I ordered mine at digimartz.com, good item, actually, they have the stock for R4 and M3 with worldwide sales, you can try.
grog.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: