Is R4 sold in Australia

Discussion in 'R4 DS' started by shakirmoledina, Jul 16, 2007.

Jul 16, 2007

Is R4 sold in Australia by shakirmoledina at 2:38 PM (3,263 Views / 0 Likes) 38 replies

1. shakirmoledina
    OP

Member shakirmoledina Legend

Tanzania
    As above, is it allowed to sell R4 or similar flashing devices in australia or else how is it possible to get one besides online shipment cuz am not allowed to buy through internet as there is fear of the credit card number being stolen so anyone recommend any shops particularly in Perth?

2. Lukeage

Member Lukeage GBAtemp Regular

Australia
  3. shakirmoledina
    OP

Tanzania
    thanks about the info i knew about bamboo but was not sure on bank deposit plans and sure it's cheaper than i expected

4. TLSpartan

Member TLSpartan Kills threads

Australia
    Dealextreme. They get to Australia fine and I have ordered heaps of stuff of them(I have ordered about 4 times off them but each time worked out fine)..Ask a mate to get it for you

EDIT- Forgot you couldnt order off the net

5. OSW

Former Staff OSW Wii King

Australia
    Direct Deposit with bamboo gaming is great!

unforunately it's virtually impossible to get anything here in melbourne and i'd assume the same for perth, unless you go online.

I doubt many people have non-online local resellers though in any english country.

6. geekninja

Newcomer geekninja Newbie

Australia
    http://www.acegamestore.com are based in Melbourne and stock the R4. I've ordered 2 from them so far, and have had no problems.

R4 alone is AUD55 or can be bundled with a Kingston 1GB MicroSD for $80.

They accept cheque and money order too.

7. OSW

Former Staff OSW Wii King

Australia
    acegamestore are too expensive i think.

bamboo is cheaper even after you factor in the expensive shipping costs.

acegamestore say "free shipping" but you're essetially paying for the shipping through item price.

8. geekninja

Australia
    mm.. True.

Although their website sucks, and they always seem to be out of stock.. Which is probably why I ordered from acegamestore in the first place.

*shrug* if you can wait, why not [​IMG]

9. shakirmoledina
    OP

Tanzania
    uhuh thanks for the info i will recommend the two sites

10. TLSpartan

Member TLSpartan Kills threads

Australia
    Im buying a XenoGC of acegamestore but there out of stock. I also asked if I could walk into their store and buy one... I got no answer.(theres one right near me). I can recommend bamboogaming. It took a week to get to Victoria

11. zombielove

Member zombielove GBAtemp Regular

Australia
    bamboogaming has free shipping on R4 and M3 at the moment. No one's going to steal your credit card number. There are a lot more people out there with much higher credit limits than you to steal from. Just use paypal and stop being paranoid.

12. suske1245

Newcomer suske1245 Member

Australia
    As mentioned above, bamboogaming is in perth but if u order online, they accept direct deposit, and are very trustworthy people, brought an R4 for me and a M3 Ds Simply for a friend from them.

13. shakirmoledina
    OP

Tanzania
    the problem is my financier is very scared in using CC unless unavoidable but he said he will do something but what about the first question or topic question.... Is it allowed to sell this in Australia ; legality wise

14. geekninja

Australia
    Unlike Sony, Nintendo haven't tried to make it illegal to mod your console.. So the sale of the card itself is still legal.

However, it is still illegal to have backup games for which you don't own the original.

15. 4saken

Member 4saken Retired Ace Attorney

Australia
    I can sell you an R4 [​IMG] Visit my thread in the selling forum. It's located in Sydney, but national shipping doesn't take longer than 3-4 days.

you can pay by money order/direct bank transfer if you are interested

16. roguefan99

Member roguefan99 GBAtemp Regular

Australia
    Actually in Australia, thats not even correct. You cant make a copy of games even for backup purposes. This was brought up in the modchip trial.

17. geekninja

Australia
    Hmm.. That's true.. Forgot about that one..

So, yes it is "sort of" legal to mod.. no it's not legal to back up your games..

18. acky

Member acky GBAtemp Regular

Australia
    I thought it was legal to back up your games as long as you own a real copy?

19. retman

Banned retman Banned

United Kingdom
    EDIT:whoops wrong topic sorry.

20. roguefan99

Member roguefan99 GBAtemp Regular

Australia
    Nope its not legal to copy a game if you own a real copy in Australia and many other countries.

It is LEGAL to mod a machine, however it must not do a few things. First, use any part of the copyrighted material from the machine (ala no BIOS cracks). Secondly the mod must do something apart from just break copy protections. The reason why it is legal to mod a Playstation, is the fact that the chip's intention (and this had to be proven in court) was to make the machine region free rather than actually breaking copy protection (which is what Sony claimed it did).

Then again under Australian laws there should be no region protection. I still remember seeing Howard in Parliament claiming that because they changed the laws, Australians would get access to cheaper games from O/S (It was around the time Serious Sam came out where it was $20 in the US and $99 in Australia), I just laughed and though "Yep, but you havent prevented region protections and are strengthing laws to help them (the FTA)".