Homebrew Is Possible To Make Playstation 1 Emulator On 3DS?

WeedZ

Possibly an Enlightened Being
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
With ninjhax which doesn't have access to all service and total RAM, it could be very hard.

If we have access to all services and full ram, something could be done but with bad results (Take as example PS1P for PSP )

Yeah, we need kernel access to do anything spectacular. This irrational fear of piracy is restraining. I'm tempted to buy a GW just so I can run decent homebrew. Not saying ps1 emulation would be possible. Just pointing out how everyone is running into roadblocks and looking for further exploits just to do the simplest stuff with ninjhax.

HBK

Clover - Fearless to Speak Now. ;)
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I'd just use a PSP tbh. And you can play GBA, SNES, N64, etc...it's the perfect emulation machine.

Reactions: netovsk

Rinnegatamante

Trophies
Website
rinnegatamante.it
XP
Country
Italy
On PSP you have full kernel access.
Instead, talking about PSX emulation on PSP, POPS can load a full framerate PSX title cause titles are converted to POPS title and also cause PSP uses a similar hardware of PSX. [If you want to see a PSX emulator for PSP which doesn't use a conversion to PBP, just see videos of PS1P...]

WeedZ

Possibly an Enlightened Being
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'd just use a PSP tbh. And you can play GBA, SNES, N64, etc...it's the perfect emulation machine.

Snes emulation on the PSP isn't that great since the version of Snes9x it uses has really bad DSP emulation code. Snes emulation on 3DS already has far superior audio, much better SPC emulation. N64 emulation on the PSP is also quite sub par and was only a proof of concept. PSX emulation however, is gonna be superior since the console has the advantage due to the MIPS architecture (PSX and PSP both have MIPS).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: lol