Is Possible to Have Ps2 Emulator On PSVita ?

Discussion in 'PS Vita - Hacking & Homebrew' started by XENOVALKRYIA, Jun 22, 2015.

1. XENOVALKRYIA
    OP

XENOVALKRYIA Member

Newcomer
    Dec 11, 2014
    LoyalZero1 likes this.
  2. emmanu888

emmanu888 6 years and still going strong

Jan 25, 2009
    Canada
    Victoriaville,Qu├ębec
    Two different posts about two different consoles? We don't even have NES emulators running natively on the Vita yet. Its going to take a while and even then, you'd be lucky if the Vita is powerful enough for a NullDC port

3. XENOVALKRYIA
    OP

XENOVALKRYIA Member

Newcomer
    Dec 11, 2014
    if xiaomi mipad with tegra and android os can run ps2 emu........why not psvita

4. Thirty3Three

Thirty3Three Musician Member

Mar 22, 2013
    United States
    Wherever you want me, baby.
    Even with the new exploit, nope. If anything, the best we'd get is a PoC thing, running worse than the DS emulator on the PSP.

5. Radwan126

Radwan126 GBAtemp Regular

Jun 19, 2015
    Saudi Arabia
    as far as i know , the ps2 emulator pcsx2 takes a lot of the pc's hardware to run smoothly , so for now ... i don't think its possible

6. Foxi4

Foxi4 On the hunt...

pip Reporter
    Sep 13, 2009
    Poland
    Gaming Grotto
    I'm sure a Proof of Concept emulator would be possible, but nowhere near playable. You still need a pretty beefy PC to emulate the PS2 even today, the architecture was highly customized and it's just hard to replicate. I'm actually still in awe that it was achieved on the PS3.

7. endoverend

endoverend AKA zooksman

pip Contributor
    GBAtemp Patron
    endoverend is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jun 6, 2013
    United States
    You realize that both of these threads are just to promote this purei emulator or whatever it is, right? It's spam, plain and simple.