Is possible to boot N64 games from the HBC ? And a Xenoblade controller issue

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by Becko, Aug 17, 2018.

1. Becko
    OP

Becko Member

Newcomer
    Aug 4, 2018
    Mexico
    ok I have two questions, one for the N64 games purchased from the wii eShop and also about the wii pro controller on Xenoblade

N64

1. When auto-booting on the HBC is there any app to select your N64 games ? Basically I want to bypass the System Menu and go straight from the HBC to select and play my N64 games that I’ve already purchased

Xenoblade

2. I got a “gamecube to wii pro controller adapter” from Rhapnet so I can play games without using the wii mote, basically I’m trying to bypass the wii mote because I don’t like batteries at all ... so my solution was this adapter connected from the wii’s Gamecube controller port directly to the wii pro controller, and works with all nes, snes, n64 games, however only the wii games that have the GameCube logo will work with this adapter ... so particularly with Xenoblade it won’t work so I’m stuck using the wii mote attached to the pro controller ...

Like I was saying I’ve found out that all Wii games that have the “gamecube controller compatible logo” will work with this GameCube-to-WiiproController adapter ... but since Xenoblade doesn’t have the GameCube controller logo it won’t recognize the adapter ... any solution on how to bypass the wii mote on Xenoblade ?

2. FancyNintendoGamer567

FancyNintendoGamer567 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Feb 13, 2017
    United States
    @Becko you can use maybe wiiflow to act like your wii menu but idk

3. tswntk

tswntk GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Aug 6, 2012
    Switzerland
    I guess you have the adapter reversed - since it is connecting to the gamecube port, it should be an Wii pro controller to gamecube adapter?
    anyway, games that don't support gamecube controller won't take data from the gamecube port.
    PS: Wii pro controller have digital triggers; not analog like the original gamecube controller.

4. tswntk

tswntk GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Aug 6, 2012
    Switzerland
    PS2: can't you sync the Wii pro controller to the Wii and use it as is for Wii games??

note to mods: don't know why but I can't edit my own post.

5. Becko
    OP

Becko Member

Newcomer
    Aug 4, 2018
    Mexico
    Well that’s the issue then, the Wii’s GameCube port is totally dead with Xenoblade even if I launch it from the Gecko app ... this adapter won’t work on the System Menu either which is totally fine since my Wii autoboots to the HBC

I guess that is no way on earth to play Xenoblade on a Wii without using the wii mote ... I have googled this for so long and it appears is just not possible

Btw this is the adapter

[​IMG]

Last edited by Becko, Aug 17, 2018