Hacking Is possession of an Acekard or any other, legal?

Akazecks

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If I decide to sell my Acekard, would that be illegal? I know what the Acekard can do, but is just owning one already breaking the law?

The reason I ask is because a police officer passed by my apartment and asked to use the bathroom. He saw me playing mad world on my wii and the Kard was next to it. He said it would be nice to play mad world instead of working right now, so I know he noticed that general area. He came by my place btw because I found an old man diceased in his apartment. He died of natural causes.

flusflus89

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Nothing wrong with having flashcarts. The only thing illegal is having in your sd card roms for games you don't actually own.

It may appear the flashcarts are illegal because Nintendo is hunting for them instead of people distributing roms on the net but that's just cause they're morons.

Leonidas

Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
You don't need a permit for it , so It's definitely legal. And I think regular policeman doesn't give a damn about your stuff. As far as police goes, they usually go after the big fish, distributors, websites and such.

injected11

Crescent Fresh™
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
The game icons from legit games that are used on 1.4-bypassing cards are copyrighted material. I would think that would make any 1.4 card illegal.

Leonidas

Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
Normmatt said:
An ak2i and well any flashcart for that matter contains copyrighted information meaning all are illegal
Probably if you look at it strictly, but then again pretty much everything done without author's permit can be considered illegal, such as copying audio cd's, taping music from the radio, copying any kind of software and so on. So technically all people in the world are pirates. It's just that possession of a flashcart by itself isn't really something a policeman would consider significant.

It's not like the policeman will come the next day with a raiding party, and confiscate some guy's half broken ds lite and an R4 with two pokemon games...

iFish

Slower than a 90s modem
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
true but i would think flash cards are frowned apon by nintendo lol i once for fun sent my ds lite with my edge card in it and they sent me a new ds and the same edge i thought they would steal it

injected11

Crescent Fresh™
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
ifish said:
true but i would think flash cards are frowned apon by nintendo lol i once for fun sent my ds lite with my edge card in it and they sent me a new ds and the same edge i thought they would steal it
They don't steal things, they just void your warranty. If you paid for the repair, they don't care what is in it.

phoenixclaws

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Technically they aren't illegal unless they boot commercial roms. Then the legality of it blurs a quite a bit. I'm not sure if the pre 1.4 DSi flashcards had a legit ROM header but the post 1.4 DSi cards do. If you updated your Acekard2i with the 1.4 fix or got it from a reseller that included the fix then it is definitely illegal.

Why do people leave stuff in their DS, rofl. It would seem kinda stupid to do that.

Yuan

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Pendor said:
jakob95 said:
No it is not illigel if you don't include the ROMS that you downloaded in the MicroSD.

The bootloader itself also contains a ROM.

Do some research before talking.

Even the bootloader pre-1.4 contains a copyrighted rom?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: butte