Is possession of an Acekard or any other, legal?

Discussion in 'Acekard' started by Akazecks, Oct 8, 2009.

1. Akazecks
    OP

Newcomer Akazecks Member

United States
    If I decide to sell my Acekard, would that be illegal? I know what the Acekard can do, but is just owning one already breaking the law?

The reason I ask is because a police officer passed by my apartment and asked to use the bathroom. He saw me playing mad world on my wii and the Kard was next to it. He said it would be nice to play mad world instead of working right now, so I know he noticed that general area. He came by my place btw because I found an old man diceased in his apartment. He died of natural causes.

2. flusflus89

Newcomer flusflus89 Advanced Member

Aruba
    Nothing wrong with having flashcarts. The only thing illegal is having in your sd card roms for games you don't actually own.

It may appear the flashcarts are illegal because Nintendo is hunting for them instead of people distributing roms on the net but that's just cause they're morons.

3. Leonidas

Member Leonidas GBAtemp Fan

Slovenia
    You don't need a permit for it , so It's definitely legal. And I think regular policeman doesn't give a damn about your stuff. As far as police goes, they usually go after the big fish, distributors, websites and such.

4. Normmatt

Member Normmatt Former AKAIO Programmer

New Zealand
    An ak2i and well any flashcart for that matter contains copyrighted information meaning all are illegal

5. Jakob95

Suspended Jakob95 I am the Avatar

United States
    No it is not illigel if you don't include the ROMS that you downloaded in the MicroSD.

6. injected11

Member injected11 Crescent Freshâ„¢

United States
    The game icons from legit games that are used on 1.4-bypassing cards are copyrighted material. I would think that would make any 1.4 card illegal.

7. Leonidas

Member Leonidas GBAtemp Fan

Slovenia
    Probably if you look at it strictly, but then again pretty much everything done without author's permit can be considered illegal, such as copying audio cd's, taping music from the radio, copying any kind of software and so on. So technically all people in the world are pirates. It's just that possession of a flashcart by itself isn't really something a policeman would consider significant.

It's not like the policeman will come the next day with a raiding party, and confiscate some guy's half broken ds lite and an R4 with two pokemon games...

8. iFish

Member iFish Slower than a 90s modem

Canada
    true but i would think flash cards are frowned apon by nintendo lol i once for fun sent my ds lite with my edge card in it and they sent me a new ds and the same edge i thought they would steal it

9. injected11

Member injected11 Crescent Freshâ„¢

United States
    They don't steal things, they just void your warranty. If you paid for the repair, they don't care what is in it.

10. iFish

Member iFish Slower than a 90s modem

Canada
    they reparied it free becasue the r button was messed up

11. Pendor

Member Pendor GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    The bootloader itself also contains a ROM.

Do some research before talking.

12. phoenixclaws

Member phoenixclaws GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Technically they aren't illegal unless they boot commercial roms. Then the legality of it blurs a quite a bit. I'm not sure if the pre 1.4 DSi flashcards had a legit ROM header but the post 1.4 DSi cards do. If you updated your Acekard2i with the 1.4 fix or got it from a reseller that included the fix then it is definitely illegal.

Why do people leave stuff in their DS, rofl. It would seem kinda stupid to do that.

13. Akazecks
    OP

Newcomer Akazecks Member

United States
    I see, it would be gay to put it up for sale on craigslist and then have nintendo come knock knock on my door.

14. Yuan

Member Yuan GBAtemp Maniac

Brazil
    Even the bootloader pre-1.4 contains a copyrighted rom?