Is Pokken modding a thing yet, and when can we add arcade characters?

Discussion in 'Wii U - Hacking & Backup Loaders' started by P_H_I, Jun 7, 2017.

1. P_H_I
    OP

P_H_I Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Apr 23, 2017
    United States
    *title

Heard of Splatoon, MK8, and of course SSB4 modding. Does Pokken have any? Has anyone added Scizor or Darkrai? Is the wait over?!

2. Kafluke

Kafluke GBAtemp Psycho!

May 6, 2006
    United States
    Simple gbatemp search showed this:

Just look around for codehandler codes

Dekirai likes this.
  3. lordelan

lordelan GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Jan 4, 2015
    Gambia, The
    Adding arcade characters? From which source lol?
    We would either need them as compressed Wii U files, a rip of the arcade machine rom or at least a rip of the upcoming Switch rom if you're not talking about someone making them from scratch.
    In other words: It will never happen to the Wii U version.

4. Don Jon

Don Jon GBAtemp Fan

Nov 20, 2015
    United States
    It is totally possible as alternate skins. I believe pokken uses nut files like sm4sh. Its just that no one has bothered looking into it. If i was to mod pokken i would add someone like goku just for the shit and giggles

P_H_I and Tomato Hentai like this.
  5. wolf-snake

wolf-snake GBAtemp Maniac

Feb 5, 2009
    Mexico
    And this is what ruined Smash Bros.

6. ScarletDreamz

ScarletDreamz [Debug Mode]

Feb 16, 2015
    United States
    California
    No it did not, smash bros projects are pretty good, not all but some of them for local play, as this builds that i play:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

P_H_I likes this.
  7. P_H_I
    OP

P_H_I Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Apr 23, 2017
    United States
    I'm getting mixed signals, you start out by saying what I need, followed by stating it will never happen

I'm guessing... when does this come out? *google* September 22nd, so by Halloween we should have a Rom or seven by then. All we need is a modding tool for Pokken for animations, hitboxes, etc. Simply port the Arcade characters over the existing characters (if SSB4 Modding has taught me anything) and we should have them on.

Better yet, if we can figure out how to add character slots, then we can just pop in 4 more slots.

8. wolf-snake

Feb 5, 2009
    Mexico
    Never liked how any of those custom characters played, even the ones they inserted from Melee, they just feel off its not a natural blend like the Smash DLC characters are. Even before we even got DLC for Smash Wii U never liked custom Smash characters.
    And for those Smash projects? like 90% of them were made because of people been butthurt over Brawl not feeling like Melee did and try to replicate Melee gameplay but ended up with something that really didn't feel like Melee or Brawl. And don't get me started on the characters they add 40% Shadows the Hedgehogs, 20 Gokus, 20% Touhou characters 15% random Anime characters and 5% OC characters, mostly Sonic recolors.

9. ScarletDreamz

ScarletDreamz [Debug Mode]

Feb 16, 2015
    United States
    California
    I never played meele tbh, also i dont quite love smahs, but i enjoy the fact that smash can be pretty near to mugen on custom characters as well as level designs and ports..

As for your likes, i dont judge you, but i really laughed my ass off seein chun li, goku, hatsune miku, ridley, daisy, characters from anime, well ported, i loved when i first saw megaman, x, xero and skull kid as playable characters.... this builds at leat the build 4 all, its not to do a championship, its to have fun with custom characters, Legacy was something more serious.

the fact that they included official voices was a nice touch ;D

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

lordelan likes this.
  10. wolf-snake

Feb 5, 2009
    Mexico
    Im gonna say it is funny seen those characters in... For a little while then it gets really old really quick. But Opinions are opinions i'm sure im the minority here and its fine.
    Also i like how that SSJ Turles leg is clipping through his armor haha, that's like a visual representation of my opinion on custom smash characters.

11. NicholasCullihal

NicholasCullihal GBAtemp Regular

Jul 28, 2012
    What mods are these and for which console?

12. P_H_I
    OP

P_H_I Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Apr 23, 2017
    United States
    This is an awesome thread about Pokken Tourn modding

... oh wait...

13. KeoniAzugon

KeoniAzugon Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Mar 21, 2016
    United States
    This is an interesting idea though i have not seen anything being worked on sadly.

14. wolf-snake

Feb 5, 2009
    Mexico
    Because nobody cares about Pokken, the only reason why this thread was created in the first place was because Pokken Delux was announced for the Switch.

lordelan likes this.
  15. KeoniAzugon

KeoniAzugon Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Mar 21, 2016
    United States
    Good point but still, since I got into modding like Smash, Pokken has been on my list. Thing is im limited on how much im able to help...