Is playing DS games possible with a EZF3

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by bikingcam, Jul 10, 2006.

Jul 10, 2006
  1. bikingcam
    OP

Member bikingcam GBAtemp Regular

Djibouti
    Hey,
    I have a Ez-Flash 3 and I am happy with it for GBA but I am considering gettinga DSlite and I am wondering if I can use the EZF3 to play ds games on it. I am wondering what i will have to do to get it to work ( Do I need to buy any special adapters or anything?) and also If it does work will I be able to play it online (mario kart) ?

Thanks

2. FAST6191

Reporter FAST6191 Techromancer

pip
    United Kingdom
    Yes it is possible, use version of EZManager 2.09 or above as these contain DS patching support. Be sure to format your cart when putting a new rom on so as to avoid fragmentation (and the rom likely not working).
    Here is a compatibility list, it is not as good as the EZ1/2 or 4 right now and you can use the EZ4 patcher to boost compatibility slightly:
    http://www.sosuke.com/ezflash/wiki/index.p...e_compatibility

Seen as EZ3's are not that big you might also want to have a look at ripping junk like intro movies from ROMs seen as it is trivial to do for most DS ROMs, as for special adaptors you will need a passme2 or possibly nopass (nopass devices and the EZ3 are a bit tricky right now). Of course once you have a pass device you can run flashme and then get rid of the pass.
    You can read further on all of this here:
    http://www.sosuke.com/ezflash/wiki/index.p...d_general_usage

My router does not like my DS but many people have played online with flashcarts and ROMs.

3. bikingcam
    OP

Djibouti
    thanks for the great reply!

i shouldnt have any problems if i get a ez pass 2 right?

4. FAST6191

pip
    United Kingdom
    Yeah the EZPass2 will work fine, I would suggest getting one of the self contained ones though unless you plan on running flashme.
    There is a nopass from the EZTeam coming as well which the have said will work on all their carts, some of the new neoflash ones are looking nice as well.
    The trouble with nopass' is that there are different revisions and loaders and stuff that messes it all up.

5. bikingcam
    OP

Djibouti
    what do you mean by self contained ones?
    and I was kind of planning on running flashme... would you reccommend against it?

6. bikingcam
    OP

Djibouti
    also would passcard3 or superkey work with my NDS LITE and my EZ3 1G?

7. FAST6191

pip
    United Kingdom
    I must have missed you reply, I am sorry.
    Self contained ones refers to the DS cart or near DS cart sized passme2's that have a games rom built in.
    As for the new nopass devices they have many issues, the EZTeam have got their own version called the EZPass3 that will work though.
    As for a site that stocks them http://www.gamersection.ca/ is a good one.

I am completely for flashme however and am completely in favour of running it.

8. bikingcam
    OP

Djibouti
    so the ezpass 3 will work? i just want this to be simple [​IMG] and not have to worry about messing up the ds with the sl1 hole stuff

and thanks for your replies!!!

9. KidIce

Member KidIce Smart Ass

United States
    Of course it will. [​IMG]