Hacking Is Paper Mario Color Splash really that bad?

Deleted member 42501

OP
Trophies
XP
Huge fan of the first two games, never played the others. Can pick up the Wii U version for a fiver and am wondering if its worth playing as a lot of reviews say the battle system is atrocious and removes all of the fun of the older titles. True or overreaction for youtube views?

x65943

i can be your sega dreamcast or sega nightmarecast
Supervisor
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The game is not very good

If you are expecting anything like the original or thousand year door you will be very disappointed

It's better than sticker star in my opinion, but not by much

They got rid of most of the charm of the older games

There is a reason the game is only $5 and thousand year door still sells for $30-40

Deleted member 42501

OP
Trophies
XP
Thanks, such a shame they ruined this franchise as it was such a refreshing RPG with an excellent combat system. I wasn't too impressed with Tokyo Mirage Sessions either as I found that to be very basic underneath its glitzy graphics and quite repetitive too.

Whats left RPG wise then on Wii U?

Deleted member 42501

OP
Trophies
XP
It's not a bad game, people are just overly nostalgic for thousand year door which over the years i've been startiing to dislike alot.

Really? Why? I thought it was one of the most fun games ever, admittedly I haven't played it in ages as I generally don't replay titles as there is so much new stuff out there to try, hence the thread. Did you find the combat in Color Splash as bad as people say it is? What were its redeeming features and parts you hated?

Cava

Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
Huge fan of the first two games, never played the others. Can pick up the Wii U version for a fiver and am wondering if its worth playing as a lot of reviews say the battle system is atrocious and removes all of the fun of the older titles. True or overreaction for youtube views?
I really enjoyed the whole game but then I haven't played the first two parts yet.

skawo

Trophies
XP
Country
Color Splash is actually excellent, in my opinion. TTYD is way overrated; CS beats it in creativity, level and event design by a mile.

Most of TTYD's locales are just long horizontal stretches of land with enemies on them. And the backtracking, hoh boy.

wolf-snake

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Color Splash is actually excellent, in my opinion. TTYD is way overrated; CS beats it in creativity, level and event design by a mile.

Most of TTYD's locales are just long horizontal stretches of land with enemies on them. And the backtracking, hoh boy.
Yeah people don't care to admit it but at least 4 chapters are backtracking, stuck doing mandatory non boss battles and stuck on a god damn train. Also that badge system is there to prevent people from breaking the game but at the same time it allows you to break the game.

gohan123

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
It was funny, charming and had a good story (although I already forgot what it was about lol) but I really really hated those boss fights in which you had to have special cards which were hidden and you couldn't finish this fight without them. Had to use a walktrough on some parts which destroyed the game for me.

x65943

i can be your sega dreamcast or sega nightmarecast
Supervisor
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It was funny, charming and had a good story (although I already forgot what it was about lol) but I really really hated those boss fights in which you had to have special cards which were hidden and you couldn't finish this fight without them. Had to use a walktrough on some parts which destroyed the game for me.
Same issue as sticker star with the unique stickers

Kind of reminds me of Zelda cdi games - winning isn't about strategy, but covering the same ground 5x

FanNintendo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i have all 4 paper mario but not 3ds i have played splash and it is pretty hard i only got 1 red paint star need to find 5 more stars Roshambo Temple #1 is hard to win!:D

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: :O ☹️