is only 1 region being dumped for Wii games?

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by btfanusa, Nov 25, 2007.

Nov 25, 2007
  1. btfanusa
    OP

Newcomer btfanusa Member

United States
    Hi guys, this is my first post here, please forgive me if I am being stupid and asking a total newbie question, but I notice that for Wii games with both US and Japan region, I am only able to find the "official" ISO release for the version that comes out earlier...for example, I can only find the US version of Dance Dance Revolution Hottest Party and Mario Sonic Olympics since they came out in the US first, and I only see the Japanese version of Ghost Squad and other games which come out in Japan first. I am not asking for any links to download, I am just wondering if this is how the releases work. Thank you in advance for any reply.

2. Lumstar

Member Lumstar Princess

United States
    Release groups are sometimes not interested in spending the effort needed to track down less popular or basically identical variants of games. Most do eventually appear, it might just take a while. Like the US version of Sonic Rush Adventure.

3. manias

Member manias GBAtemp Maniac

Netherlands
    it depends on yer site also. Most people create torrents for example of the first version that comes out. But if you know your sources you can get all versions..

4. btfanusa
    OP

Newcomer btfanusa Member

United States
    Thank you guys for your reply!