So for Black Friday, Nintendo is bringing out $100 n3DS budget units (non-XL), and I'm tempted to get one. I currently have an o3DS XL because my o3DS before was just too small for my big hands. The n3DS is a little bit bigger than the o3DS, so I may be ok there regarding size. With the info that the Switch is unlikely to be backwards compatible, it just give me more incentive to have one of these units. The thing though that holds me back is the ability to do homebrew and install stuff. I have A9HL on my o3DS XL, and I love it. FW 11.2 came out in late October, and can prevent such tinkering with the system. If I understand correctly, if a system has 11.0 or 11.1, then they can possibly be hacked, but I'm unsure of the method or if it's stable enough. Was thinking of just getting one and not doing anything until a person can confirm it's FW version, so that if it is hackable, then I'll do what's needed. But, if it's not hackable (right now), then I'd either return it, or wait until it can be hacked. Would one month be enough time for these systems to have 11.2?