Is NTR/other cfws able to force all games to run in higher memory modes?

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by masterz87, Apr 21, 2016.

1. masterz87
    OP

masterz87 GBAtemp Fan

Apr 21, 2013
    United States
    As it says on the tin, i this at all possible? Also one thing I don't get is why is it that games are listed as 64MB of ram o3ds and 124MB n3ds when there's supposed to be 96mb of ram for apps/games on o3ds and 192mb on the new 3dsso where's the extra ram going then?

2. tjhooker73

tjhooker73 GBAtemp Regular

Aug 15, 2015
    United States
    Probably the home menu needs RAM

pbanj likes this.
  3. jimmyleen

jimmyleen GBAtemp Maniac

Feb 28, 2016
    Well bootNTR & AureiNAND does allow over-clocking for video games and the home menu, so the answer is yes.

4. FenrirWolf

FenrirWolf GBAtemp Psycho!

Nov 19, 2008
    United States
    Sandy, UT
    I don't imagine there would be much point to even bother booting games outside of their native memory mode.

5. Aurora Wright

Aurora Wright GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Aug 13, 2006
    Italy
    If the game is designed to use 64 MBs max, there's little to no point in giving it 80, it wouldn't make use of it.

astronautlevel likes this.
  6. masterz87
    OP

masterz87 GBAtemp Fan

Apr 21, 2013
    United States
    where is the rest of the damned ram used then? they're supposed to have 96MB of ram on o3ds what's eating up the remaining ram, the fw already has 32mb of ram to itself.

Edit: I know mh4u/ssb disable miiverse when laying them, but still what's the OS using that much ram for, i can't believe that a browse with one tab, and a webpage also eats up 32mb of ram.

Also is there some easy way set the "enable l2" flag to always be on? I read that aurei can force clocks to 536mhz for everything at bootup but just having those flags being on would make it so that i don't have to use ntr really except with the lego games during the loading screens.

I tried to get nr to release the source code for the cpu clock stuff so i could try to get the thing to work since all you have to do is write the value into the register it an do 268mhz, 536mhz, and 804mhz and i'd like to have the middle ground so that I can do tests to see power draw an figure out how much it actually uses.

Last edited by masterz87, Apr 22, 2016
  7. Ryccardo

Ryccardo WiiUaboo

Feb 13, 2015
    Italy
    Imola