Hacking Question Is now a good time to buy a switch?

Dopey The Gemini

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I plan on buying a switch in the next month, would i still be able to do homebrew and cfw (when that's available) by then? just incase ninty is making new switches that are patched

Ronhero

Too Weird to Live, Too Rare to Die
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United States
If you live in a small town or have a low income area electronic store near by you should be fine in a month.

I got a 2.x in Compton a few days ago, thing had tons of dust on it

Jackson98

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
If you intend to get one I would just do it now, the price won't drop in the coming months and you have nothing to lose buying it early. Waiting around you risk the obvious.
Unless your strapped for cash the answer is a pretty straightforward one really. The only reason you should opt to not get one other than that, is if you do already own one. In which case your paying money for a paperweight for the most part.

GyTe

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
My advice is to buy one now... If you leave in a big city even today... you can't be sure when Nintendo will release a new hardware version of the MB...Even for me I was waiting to buy one... I was following the scene I been in a big store two days after the release in public of hack and whole Nintendo Switch were gone... I've ordered one and they should delivery to me tomorrow...

Naxster

Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
My advice is to buy one now... If you leave in a big city even today... you can't be sure when Nintendo will release a new hardware version of the MB...Even for me I was waiting to buy one... I was following the scene I been in a big store two days after the release in public of hack and whole Nintendo Switch were gone... I've ordered one and they should delivery to me tomorrow...
I live in a big city and was planning to go the store tomorrow and get me one..
How do I know if I'm screwed or not? :)

Fluffball

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
The HW revision should start appearing by the end of the month which also happens to be around the time cfw is out in the open.

I still don't think there is a rush to buy one yet if your on the fence and worried about having a hackable console,i got one this week with 3.0.2 on it but only because there was a sale on so i thought i might as well get one now.

There isn't really going to be a rush to buy switches for homebrew but if a backup loader develops next month then stok will shift in droves :rofl2:

starburst

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Can you store over 300 dollars in a box for six months?

If no backup loaders were ready in six months, how much do you think that you could get for your unused Switch?

guily6669

GbaTemp is my Drug
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
God damn it, havent you bought one yet? Just go run and buy it even if you have to cut a arm and a leg like me :blink:.

Or steal a bank and just take the money enough for the Switch :D.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    I @ idonthave: :)