Hacking Is nintendo REALLY going to ban us from wfc?

JJBro1

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
We are such a small percent of wii owners that i dont think nintendo should even bother. Will they really go out of there way just to find and ban us if we used WAD's? What are the odds?

harrybuttox

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As of right now, I haven't heard any reports of bans. It is possible, but I don't think its a issue until Nintendo sees a threat by it. What I mean is if a bunch of dumbasses get cracked games leave the tickets on their wiis and redownload the game they didn't pay for that when you will start seeing an issue. Risk of bricking? minimal..Risk of update that patches these exploits..Pretty high..As for Wiiconnect24 its safe..Wiiconnect24 only sends update data via messages. Just don't go to the shop channel unless everything that is not supposed to be on there is uninstalled including its ticket.

JJBro1

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
harrybuttox said:
As of right now, I haven't heard any reports of bans. It is possible, but I don't think its a issue until Nintendo sees a threat by it. What I mean is if a bunch of dumbasses get cracked games leave the tickets on their wiis and redownload the game they didn't pay for that when you will start seeing an issue. Risk of bricking? minimal..Risk of update that patches these exploits..Pretty high..As for Wiiconnect24 its safe..Wiiconnect24 only sends update data via messages. Just don't go to the shop channel unless everything that is not supposed to be on there is uninstalled including its ticket.
whew i was hoping i wouldnt have to turn off wiiconnect24

Edwii

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
i too believe it is minor chance of getting banned. infact i kinda have the feeling Nintendo profits from all the hacking of games. they make more money selling more Wii units to people who 1 break them hacking/modding them, they are popular cuse they are cheap/easy to mod which makes for more wii sells, they will get popular to buy because we can now hack them too, from what i hear, since nintendo didn't exactly sink much money into the wii's hardware (unlike sony and MS) they actual make money on selling the Wii unit itself, and on selling the games. not to mention the remotes and accessories. they amount of crappy "Shovelware" games they hack out means they don't really lose much profit in them, since they didn't invest much money into making them in the frist place. and like they also say, the hackers/modders are only a small% out of all the actualy market, and they make money off of them too as i stated above

Altho i haven't looked into it, in theroy if nintendo/"nintendo related" company's have shares in 1internet provider company's and 2media storage company's and even some 3 computer hardware companys, they can make profit off modders again who
1 use up more band width a month on downloading games, forcing the used to up their account prices for more bandwidth or speed
2 buy more blank DVD's to burn thier games
3 need bigger hard drives, better burners, burning software etc... for backed up games.

Blue-K

No right of appeal.
Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
Well, I'm surprised that no one posted this already (at least I haven't found something with the Search..), it's already a bit old (1 Day
tongue.gif
)...a new Thread was useless, so I'll post it here:
QUOTE said:
Nintendo WFC ban rumors

We have read reports and been spammed on Wiibrew with the claim that Nintendo is banning Mario Kart users from the online WFC mode if they have The Homebrew Channel installed.

There is very little information regarding the claimed issue. However, considering HBC is not a prerequisite for Mario Kart online cheating, nor does it have any direct relationship with it, and especially considering the ease with which we could change HBC’s Title ID, I think it’d be incredibly foolish for Nintendo to do this. They aren’t the brightest of the lot, but they’re not that stupid.

I have succeeded in playing a perfectly normal WFC match online with Mario Kart while HBC (1.0.1) was installed. There was no sign of trouble or errors at all.

Unless we get multiple, verifiable reports of people who have never cheated at Mario Kart or performed any modifications whatsoever, and who do not have and have never had any other installable homebrew other than HBC and no other modifications (that means no region changes, no downgrades, no IOS16, no cIOS, no warez launchers, and no other unofficial channels), no modchip, and a legit, in-region copy of Mario Kart, I am forced to conclude that whoever made this claim hasn’t done their research properly.

I would like to remind you that we in no way condone on-line game cheating. Try playing like a normal user a few times. I just got a golden mushroom without having to patch memory and screw up other players; I’m sure you can too.
Source: HackMii

New Error:
QUOTEError Code: 20102

This error code indicates some type of unauthorized activity has occured in an online feature of a Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection game.

What to do:

Please call 1-800-895-1672 in the USA or Canada for more information.
Source: Nintendo

Some says it looks for the HAXX-Title (The Homebrew-Channel), and if you'll have it, you're banned. Keep in mind, it's only a rumor, not more until now. But if this is true, I know what I'm going to do: Download a .wad of the HBC, make a new Title-ID(something like 4567
tongue.gif
) and install. Fixed
tongue.gif

david432111

Trophies
XP
Country
They can't ban you for homebrew or using backups on existing games, they would have to add the featureto new games to tell which mode the dvd drive is running in or the ability to locate the homebrew channel. But they can ban you for cheating though.

WiiBlaster

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yea i've heard these rumors also

and the answer is YES they are banning WIFI users, they are not banning everyone one but they are afew, i have no idea why they are banning users, i think it might be cause of cheating online, but many people are still cheating online and not getting banned so no idea

heres the error code on Nintendo

http://www.nintendo.com/consumer/wfc/en_na...mp;locale=en_US

edit: Well looks like i was to late, someone already posted

Blue-K

No right of appeal.
Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
WiiBlaster said:
edit: Well looks like i was to late, someone already posted
Yup, that was me
tongue.gif
. Better to bump a Thread than making a new one
wink.gif

An Addition: If you realy look close at the text, you'll see that:
QUOTEError Code: 20102

This error code indicates some type of unauthorized activity has occured in an online feature of a Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection game.
IN...so I think it's during a game, so Cheating/Region-Free, etc...matches for me. I don't think they're going for the HBC..hopefully...Oh, and for me it's clear that now everyone can play without Errors...as I've got this right, they're doing "Bann-Waves" like Microsoft...you're safe on certain days, on some not...Still, and I hate that part, we need to wait for the full truth...we still don't know much or nothing about this...Anyways, I'm a bit shocked that Nintendo has gone so far...never thought they will do this...

Oh, and all this started HERE. For those who are interessted...

lolorlofl

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
From what I hear, they're only banning the people who hack in online games, and if that's the case, you guys deserve to get banned.

Nintendo's feeble attempt has failed, unfortunately, since there's already a way to get around the error.

eric_4_life

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Will users be banned JUST for using the HBC? Or for actually hacking games?

Edit: On a side note, because of the TP hack exploit, Gamestop is buying Twilight princess for $37 and they don't even realize why so many people want the game lol

Blue-K

No right of appeal.
Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
eric_4_life said:

Well, that's the question...I've read through thw whole MarioKartWii-Site, where all this started, and it looks like they only bann Online-Hackers (Infinite Stars, etc...). No Offline-Hackers (for now)...But we still need to wait for a final answer...this whole thing is a big mystery...if you can't wait, call Nintendo and ask, if you want
tongue.gif

computerboy

Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
Blue-K said:
eric_4_life said:

Well, that's the question...I've read through thw whole MarioKartWii-Site, where all this started, and it looks like they only bann Online-Hackers (Infinite Stars, etc...). No Offline-Hackers (for now)...But we still need to wait for a final answer...this whole thing is a big mystery...if you can't wait, call Nintendo and ask, if you want
tongue.gif

What he meant was do you get banned if you just have the HBC but don't hack at all

Blue-K

No right of appeal.
Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
Arm the Homeless said:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uLLnEq17rOw

Supposedly figured out how to cheat on WiFi and not get banned.

Well, if Nintendo realy goes for the HAXX-Title, then you can simply change the Title from a HBC.wad, and install it again, like I've said before. It's simple...no HAXX, no Bann...IF they realy go for the Title...(which i'm not shure)

@computerboy: I understood what he wanted, but we still don't know everything about that...we have to wait...

Yoshimashin

Penguin Spy
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
eric_4_life said:

Edit: On a side note, because of the TP hack exploit, Gamestop is buying Twilight princess for $37 and they don't even realize why so many people want the game lol

They are well aware. Do you not recall the PSP Lumines $17.99 used to $34.99 used price increase that happened?

noobwarrior7

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the "best way" to get around this, if it is the hbc installation that causes the problem, is just to use the hbc dol (the actual app file inside the channel) and load it via preloader or tp-hack whenever you want hbc goodness...the benefit of having the hbc installed as a channel was that the "Exit to loader" function would work for various apps....now, any way you "fix" this it won't be able to do that (unless you fix it inside every app too), so might as well just keep it on sd and save nand space.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    also gonna install twilight menu in my r4 flashcard
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    One thing that just occurred to me.... The sound on the 2600 sucked less back then the harsh sound we hear now is from infinitely better speakers we have now, back when the 2600 was new speakers produced a almost muffled sound, like CRTs made old graphics look slightly better.
    I wonder if I could recommend that to some emulation devs that perhaps the sound could use some smoothing out to simulate those old TVs
    I think a few of the early systems could benefit from that, at least up to the 8 bit generation, by the 16 bit generation I think TVs had gotten a lot better in almost every way
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i dont have an sd card adapter but I have an usb sd card adapter
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Old people games
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    its not the one that comes with the r4
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    doesnt work (my flashcard is from r4isdhc.com)
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    might install ysmenu first
    Try Wood firmware
    For your R4
    It's old but it's the best firmware out for DS stuff
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    it says it only works for the original R4, R4i Gold (r4ids.cn), R4iDSN (r4idsn.com) and Acekard R.P.G.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    nvm it does support mine
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    but why choose it over ysmenu @Psionic Roshambo?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    bc im stupid?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    yea ik im stupid
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
    Just give it a try, but honestly if you have a 3DS you can play DS games without a card just off the internal SD card
    Slightly slower loading but a bit more convenient
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    guys, my fuckin headphones have an out of place speaker
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Did you try wearing them?
    B @ btjunior: @Xdqwerty 16