Homebrew Is Nintendo going to take action against NINJHAX 2.0 soon..?

• Thread starter Deleted User
  • Start date
  • Views 3,160
  • Replies 20
D

Deleted User

OP
They KNOW it can't pirate as of now... Are they waiting for a CFW to be confirmed working, then patch it?
It's been out for a while and I would think that it would have been patched completely by now.

olshrimpeyes

Your question is bad and you should feel bad
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
We don't know. It's only been about two weeks and it can't take since time to patch these things out. Also last time they only partially patched the vulns. It honestly feels like Nintendo is keeping it's priorities pretty low with Ninjhax!

Reactions: Deleted User

Selim873

Nunnayobeesnes
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ninjhax 2.0 can't be used for piracy, so it shouldn't be much of a priority to them. If they're like Sony, it would take Nintendo about 48h. I saw that on Twitter somewhere, not sure though.

Psi-hate

GBATemp's Official Psi-Hater
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I heard that Ninjhax uses an exploit that is very hard and annoying to patch out and would screw up a lot of things if they didn't rework the rest of the system to accommodate the patch.

zoogie

playing around in the end of life
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Micronesia, Federated States of
Prob not, since 2.0 isn't breaking any copyright laws.
By take action, Fanboy actually means patch, not legal action. You're welcome for the translation. :P

And yes, they will probably try to patch nh 2.0 asap, and it doesn't mean they have to patch gsPwn. Ninjhax 2.0 uses other exploits that can be fixed easier.

No, they won't wait for cfw to patch it -- much the same way a homeowner doesn't wait for their house to burn down before calling the fire department.

Reactions: SLiV3R

sweis12

Trophies
XP
Country
Saint Kitts and Nevis
I don't know if they can fix it...... I don't think 2.0 version is using any exploits in the system. I believe the exploit is 100% game based. Ninjhax 1 was using a 3ds kernel exploit to run homebrew. This one dosn't.

zoogie

playing around in the end of life
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Micronesia, Federated States of
I don't know if they can fix it...... I don't think 2.0 version is using any exploits in the system. I believe the exploit is 100% game based. Ninjhax 1 was using a 3ds kernel exploit to run homebrew. This one dosn't.
Wrong. It uses a userland home menu exploit too.
Ninjhax 1 didn't have any kernel exploits either.

marc00077

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands Antilles
Back on the wii days, it took nintendo near 3 months for patching vulns that were playing backups. It seems they have speed up the process on the 3ds despite this it's not that easy to RE ninjhax, find the vulnerability and patch it without messing too much. As for the question, it's not if they're going to patch it, but when. (probably in less than a pair of weeks)
Btw nintendo doesn't want absolutely anything to run but their code, they know perfectly that homebrew is the step before piracy (sadly).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Out of nowhere I got several scars on my forearm and part of my arm and it really itches.