Gaming Is Nintendo afraid of hockey?

science

science rules
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
And they are easily the best suited systems for it! Imagine some sort of breakaway cam type thing they had in I think NHL 2004 or '05 on the wii, where the controls change so you hold the wiimote like a stick. Man that would be sooo effing sweet.

Edit: 666 posts! EVIL!

Smack

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Forget hockey..... we need.... curling..... yes curling........
I know you are probably joking but as soon as I played the Wii I thought it had the perfect controller to make an accurate curling game. Sure this will not sell at all but the Wiimote is very well suited to judge the weight, line, and curl on your shot. The programmers would have to create different ice conditions though. Maybe via the WiiShop channel?

Anywho, back to the subject I would also like to see a hockey game for the DS or Wii. At the least Blades of Steel for the VC.

SlyGuy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
There is a curling game for the DS! In Japanese. I keep it on my DS at all times
smile.gif

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Blame EA, they're the twats who aren't gonna bother bringing NHL 08 to the Wii. I understand them not making a DS game seeing as they have to make a specific version, but with Wii all they need is a PS2/PSP port and soup up the control part.

I guess they hate Canadian Wii owners.

HipN

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
EA is slacking off with the Wii like crazy. Have you seen the graphics? Not even close to the GC. They are concentrating more on the PS3 and 360. And I don't think that 2K Sports really gives a shit about Nintendo.

Smack

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I would say wait for NHL '94 for both the SNES and Gen on the VC but the licences are no longer valid. Damn those are the classics right there.

EA Sports is in Vancouver but EA itself has largely ignored the Wii and now are playing catchup. If they made a hockey game with true Wii controls I can only imagine using them on your live opponents
grog.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: Have a nice day. Life. Week. Month. year.