Is Nds lite is good as portable music player?

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by orangpelupa, Sep 20, 2009.

Sep 20, 2009
  1. orangpelupa
    OP

Newcomer orangpelupa Member

Indonesia
    Hello.

Im considering to buy ndslite and also use it as portable music player for playing my OGG music on traveling.

Is the sound output quality is good?
    How is it compared to ndsi?

From what i read, it seems ndsi got better audio chip/processor than the one one nds lite.

Thanks, and sorry for my bad english.

2. Ultralex

Member Ultralex GBAtemp Fan

Germany
    It's good, the only thing which is not is the bass,but if you use earphone it's teh best!

3. BoxShot

Member BoxShot Chiyo-chan :3

United States
    Uh WHAT!? If you want a music player wouldn't it be smarter to get a music player like a sansa clip+? nds lite better than nds lite [​IMG]

4. orangpelupa
    OP

Indonesia
    AH SORRY my bad, posting topic while walking on village really not good >__<

i mean DS Lite compared to DSi. because i read somewhere that DSi got new and better sound chip.

and i dont like to bring many electronic thing while im on traveling. by using sansa clip or any other portable music player i need to spend more money and need to bring more device.

currently i just use my cellphone as OGG player but the battery died too fast. i blame the bad signal reception on village, really drain battery. and the sunny wheater forced me to use 100% brighness on my cellphone to be able to see the screen.

thanks [​IMG]

5. hksmrchan

Member hksmrchan GBAtemp Regular

United States
    learn to navigate your phone without the screen.

Plus, DSi's sound is better if you aren't comparing with headphones.

6. Maz7006

Member Maz7006 iSEXu

Lebanon
    The DS Lite and/or DSi are good at everything except for media playback. Your better off just getting a Lite, to play games on, and keeping your music on a MP3 or Phone.

plus, its everything but portable.

7. orangpelupa
    OP

Indonesia
    thanks hksmrchan,
    so its mean that if i use headphone/earphone, DS Lite and DSi sounds the same right?

thanks Maz7006,
    i think i will just install a homebrew on it, maybe moonshell?

my cellphone died too fast, it really troublesome when i need to make a call in the middle of a remote village >__

8. DeMoN

Member DeMoN GBAtemp Guru

United States
    Unless you're an audiophile, I am 100% sure you will hear no difference between DS Lite and DSi audio.

9. lukeroge

Newcomer lukeroge Newbie

New Zealand
    I think they gave the dsi a better sound chip to go with dsi sound, Ive played the same game on the ds and dsi using headphones, and im sure the dsi sounded much better.
    My dsi has pretty great sound quality, and the built in speakers are alot better than the ds lite.

I love "Eye of the tiger" max patch and speed on dsi sound. [​IMG]

10. pjoneszdsi

Newcomer pjoneszdsi Member

United States
    i bought a dsi one card with a four gig memory card and put some mp3 on ther. it worked like a charm. I simply set up the dsi one card then loaded my mp3 onto it. popped it into the nintendo and it plays them just as good as the ipod. [​IMG]

11. soulx

Member soulx GBAtemp Legend

Canada
    As good as an iPod. Hah. How could it be as good as a dedicated media player.

-----------------------
    For casual listening, the DSi - Lite is fine provided you got the headphones. And village........:wtf:. Oh, you live in Indonesia.

12. gibberish

Member gibberish GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    the difference between the ds and dsi soundchip is next to nothing. remember, the hardware has to be 100% compatible so any increase in quality will be minimal if anything at all. if youre worried about sound quality then dont use a nintendo product. use a cowon d2 or something of equal quality.