Is my Wiimote dead?

Discussion in 'Wii - Hardware, Devices and Utilities' started by Timmyhawky, Apr 14, 2008.

1. Timmyhawky
    OP

Timmyhawky Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Apr 7, 2008
    Netherlands
    Hi,
    My Wiimote hit my table today. The Power Button was displaced, but I could fix it with a simple operation. Fine, it works again... and not [​IMG]

This is the problem: when I connect my Wiimote(press a button), it connects(sometimes), but it loses connection after a few seconds. The LED stays burning for 2 seconds while it's disconnected, then nothing, and I have to wait ~15 seconds or put out and in the batteries to make it 'work' again. Sometimes it rumbles when it disconnects, sometimes my Wii acts like a button is pressed. Very weird problem.

Has anyone got a clue for this?
    Thanks

2. Shuny

Shuny I'm in yr forum, reading yr postz

Nov 15, 2006
    France
    Somewhere in the world
    Try a full synchronisation by pressing the red button on your wii then the red button on your Wiimote

3. arctic_flame

arctic_flame GBAtemp ATMEGA8 Fan

Nov 4, 2006
    England land
    Try syncing it with a PC and use it to diagnose problems by reading the raw input data [​IMG]

Or just try what Shuny said.

4. Timmyhawky
    OP

Newcomer
    Apr 7, 2008
    Netherlands
    I did so, but still it doesn't work. VERY strange. It does somethikng else each attempt. Now I don't have to press a Wiimote button after the undesired disconnection, to reconnect it. So now it stays connected, but the Wii doesn't get a signal. Well, it will be something else in a few minutes, I'm wondering what.

I think I have to get a new Wiimote tomorrow...

@Artic flame: will do

5. Bob Evil

Bob Evil The Department of Home-Made Insecurity

Sep 27, 2006
    Out of the corner of your eye
    I know this may sound obvious, but have you tried new batteries?

6. Shuny

Shuny I'm in yr forum, reading yr postz

Nov 15, 2006
    France
    Somewhere in the world
    It could be a solution too [​IMG]

7. Timmyhawky
    OP

Newcomer
    Apr 7, 2008
    Netherlands
    I tried to establish a Bluetooth connection a few times, but it didn't work(it did before the problem started)

Replacing the batteries didn't help.

I found out this: if I wait some minutes not using the Wiimote, it can be connected for ~1 minute before the problems start. If I reconnect it after a shorter time, the problem occurs after a few seconds.

[​IMG]

Something is very dead... [​IMG]