Hardware is my wiikey less useful than a backup loader?

godsakes

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
i haven't been keeping up with wii hacking/homebrew that much but i've noticed the gamma backup loader seems to have less problems playing recent backups then the good old disc channel.

take Anno for instance, i just get a black screen but the backup loader loads just fine can some explain why the hardware hack isn't working these days?

(my wii is 3.2e)

kedest

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
if you load it through the disc channel, the system will try to run the game using the specified IOS. If that's not on the system, the game won't run. The backup loader will always run it using the cios.
so the solution for the disc channel is to install the missing ios. Normally, the system would notice the missing ios and install it. But you've probably blocked disc updates

godsakes

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
kedest said:
if you load it through the disc channel, the system will try to run the game using the specified IOS. If that's not on the system, the game won't run. The backup loader will always run it using the cios.
so the solution for the disc channel is to install the missing ios. Normally, the system would notice the missing ios and install it. But you've probably blocked disc updates
i do brickblock my discs

which app installs ios? - i remember i had to go through a process of downloading/installing ios before installing the backup loader

kedest

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
You can manually install an ios using wad manager. Just get the wad file from the ios you want to install. You can extract the wad from the game iso using wiiscrubber for example.
Or use the latest Gecko OS (1.9.something). It can check which IOS is needed and install it.

WiiBlaster

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just be very careful which ios's you install from the Disc using Wii Scrubber, only install the IOS you need, dont go install crazy, cause you might get your hands on a stubbed IOS and brick yourself.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Firefox users be like "look at what they have to do to mimic a fraction of our power."