Hacking Is my Wii ready to play burned games?

zachzapper

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, first time poster here at gbatemp and I will start off by saying I am a huge noob at this stuff and don't really know what any of it means so please bare with me.
I just want to find out if my Wii can play burned Wii and/or GCN games, I know it seems like an odd thing to ask, but I don't have any discs compatible with Wii games at the moment I guess because I've tried burning games on to 5 different discs (Sony DVD-R at 2x write speed, using imgburn, non-nintendo isos do write) and they won't burn, so I can't check at the moment. I guess I just really want to find out if I'm done modding because it has been an annoying process, and some of this I did months ago and I'm partly trying to figure out if I missed anything.

My Wii is on 4.1u firmware

I think I have IOS249 installed correctly because it says that at the bottom of the backup launcher gamma app

Using the WAD Manager I have installed a few things, namely
CIOS_FIX.WAD
SoftChip.wad
WAD MANAGER V3.wad
Wii Gator.wad
GC Backup Launcher-GCBL.wad
Action Replay GCN-F23E.wad
RVL-mios-v5.wad.out.wad

I ran the miospatcher and it installed correctly

My Action Replay V1.14 Loader app works perfectly with legit GameCube games which leads me to believe that it would work with burned GCN games?

Also, since I don't have any burned Wii games I just tried running a real Wii game through the Gamma Backup Launcher and it did work, but I don't know if that means anything, probbly not.

Anyway, I just really feel like I'm forgetting anything, any info would be helpful, because I'm really confused about this stuff
wacko.gif

CJL18

Trophies
Website
www.2shared.com
XP
Country
United States
how old is your wii? when did you buy it because if you bought it around march this year you wont beable to play burned games because nintendo changed the drive to make anything but a original wii disk to load

MrBananman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
All you need for USB is cIOS 249 installed, and hermes 222/223 if you want to use NTFS file system. You also need homebrew channel installed and working so you can use a USB loader program.\

EDIT: oh wait wait, burned games.... never mind then.

zachzapper

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I do have the latest version of HBC, and I THINK my Wii COULD play games off a USB loader, like I have configurable USB loader and I think I did everything to get it to run, but I just don't have a free external hard drive now... I guess that would be my main problem >_> lol

wiixale

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hi,

you said you have IOS 249 because it's displayed in NeoGamma. If you want to be sure you have it, why don't you upgrade it to the last version? It's fast and simple. The only thing you have to know is the base IOS through which installing the IOS, but you can solve your doubts here.

Another thing: be sure to have the last NeoGamma. Here is the latest stable version (R8 Final), while here is the latest beta version (R9 RC9), that - if I'm not wrong - has been improved in GC compatibility (and other things). You can install both of them, if you want to try.

Note: if you have problems with the installation of the cIOS (eg. error -1035), you have to delete stub IOSes with DOP-Mii. You can follow a guide here, at the entry "Deleting stub IOSs".

Last thing: you said you couldn't burn Wii games. Why don't you check if the ISOs are good or not? You can use Wii ISO Utilities 1.1: it says if the ISOs have the right size/lenght and if there are updates. The app also patch for region and update, but I never used it to do this, so I don't know if it works or not.

Nintendo_Chick

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I don't understand why you don't burn a game and find out. When you don't even know yourself what you did, it's hard for us to help you, especially if you don't need help.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Sak is a fishy pineapple