Hardware Is my Wii Doomed??

solidsnake40sw

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok this is my first post but I've been around for a while just didn't need to post until now. Here is my situation, I accidently deleted my IOS60.wad file using wad manager. Now my menu system is gone and when I turn on the wii, all i got was a black screen. I had preloader and bootmii installed (bootmii was installed as a IOS). When I press reset to bring up preloader it won't load. I've tried savemiifrii using a gamecube controller but it didn't work (did not see version at bottom right screen). Are there still hope for my Wii? Any tip or help is appreciated. And yes I screw up bad....but it's a learning process.

asdf

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
solidsnake40sw said:
Ok this is my first post but I've been around for a while just didn't need to post until now. Here is my situation, I accidently deleted my IOS60.wad file using wad manager. Now my menu system is gone and when I turn on the wii, all i got was a black screen. I had preloader and bootmii installed (bootmii was installed as a IOS). When I press reset to bring up preloader it won't load. I've tried savemiifrii using a gamecube controller but it didn't work (did not see version at bottom right screen). Are there still hope for my Wii? Any tip or help is appreciated. And yes I screw up bad....but it's a learning process.
Why the HELL did you delete the System Menu IOS?! Well there's nothing you can do now! Sending it to Nintendo is your only option.

Edit: Ooh, Guild is looking at the page, can't wait to see what he puts.

Deviyl

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How do you accidentally delete IOS60 using wad manager? You'd have needed IOS60.wad on your SD card in order to delete it.. so you had to do a bit more than press a button.

I don't suppose you have PreLoader/BootMii installed?

ultraburn

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
kedest said:
Hope for the best. There's a change Nintendo will charge a lot for repairing the wii, because of the homebrew.

Not always the case , I sent mine kids Wii back after removing a Wii Clip , it also had just about everthing Homebrew installed.
I even used a permanent marker on the black screws to restore its original look.This was a Uk return and Nintendo took about 2 weeks to send a new one.

BlackEnigma

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know I took the IOS60 wad off of my SD card as soon as I was done with it. I pretty much tell others to do the same. Not much good can come from keeping it there. Put it somewhere else if you really want to keep it.

solidsnake40sw

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can i buy a broken...(not hack bricked) ..a none hacked wii which the laser is not working anymore and replace it with my disc drive?? Will it work?

solidsnake40sw

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
link11510 said:
If you had bootmii or preloader installed, you might be in luck. Did you use any title deleater?

Yes bootmii was installed as IOS as well as preloader. No i did not use title deleater, i used wad manager.

Sheimi

A cute Vixen!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
solidsnake40sw said:
link11510 said:
If you had bootmii or preloader installed, you might be in luck. Did you use any title deleater?

Yes bootmii was installed as IOS as well as preloader. No i did not use title deleater, i used wad manager.
Can you get bootmii or preloader to boot?

DarkMatterCore

Finding my light.
Developer
Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
Spain
link11510 said:
solidsnake40sw said:
link11510 said:

Can you get bootmii or preloader to boot?

He can't boot BootMii because his console has it as an IOS. The only way to boot it directly is by using Preloader v0.30 or v0.29 (booting the HBC and then, loading the IOS 254), that is gone because I'm pretty sure it was using the IOS 60. No IOS 60 means no Preloader, no System Menu and no Recovery Menu. LOL.

DarkMatterCore

Finding my light.
Developer
Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
Spain
bach3609 said:
What if there was some way to auto boot the HBC?

The only way I know to achieve this is by using recovery discs that boot up the TitleID "JODI", the ones that need the Recovery Menu. In a few words, I think he can't, :/. Maybe someone else can "iluminate" him...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: :discuss: